Shell Biodiesel B20 available in Pensacola!!!

03GolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW DSG and '11 JSW DSG
So on my way home from work today I noticed the local Shell sign had a green price box on the bottom instead of the normal yellow. Well once I got closer I noticed it said Biodiesel B20 and was at 2.79/gal (about the same price as the regular diesel up the road.

Even so I now drive a gasser this almost made me drive off the road. Commercially available biodiesel in Pensacola of all places. BTW for anyone from the area it is the Shell station on 9th Ave. and Underwood. Not very convenient if your just passing through town on 10 as its a good 10 minute drive from the freeway.

Kinda makes me want my TDI back!

tdisedanman

Veteran Member
TDI
Ex 2005 Passat, TDI and ex 2005.5 Jetta TDI
Wish some of the shell sations here 9 in S E florida would do the same. I WANT BIO D at the pump!

03GolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW DSG and '11 JSW DSG
I take back what I said about pricing.

Today upon further inspection (I was basing the dino diesel pricing on what I saw last time if filled up on regular unleaded) it turns out the Shell B20 Biodiesel is $.20 cheaper a gallon then the Shell dino diesel up the road. $2.79 for B20 and $3.03 for dino.

I have a feeling Shell will be rolling this out to quite a few more stations within a few months and you TDIers will have widespread availability of B20. Is that not convenient, now I really want my TDI back.

b4black

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta blue
Most stations are franchises and not owned by the brand. These franchises can sell whatever they want. B20 at a Shell station may not be "Shell B20".

Did it say Shell on the pump? Does Shell guarentee it? I think if the Shell Oil Company offered a Shell B20, it would be much bigger news.

wjdell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG PKG 1 17" VV Campy White/Beige
I wonder why shell would decided on a figure of 20 when VW only allows us 5 - my guess would be Shell knows something we do not - Maybe as bio quality increses Vw will allow 20