Straight outta Germany

adimex

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 TDI Cup 6MT (sold), 2014 JETTA TDI 6MT (recalled), 2014 JSW TDI 6MT & 2015 JETTA TDI DSG
I've seen some RVs from Germany and Switzerland during our travel, pretty nifty looking compared to the style we have here.
A member from Forest River forum posted this Touareg TDI from Germany pulling a travel trailer.
Checked out his blog as he's been pulling a decent amount of miles around the US.
Anyways:

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Just noting that with that map, he's not going to find it easy to get to Alaska. Hehe.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Or HI

So how did a euro treg land on this side of the pond what did they have to do to import it?

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Or HI
So how did a euro treg land on this side of the pond what did they have to do to import it?
Just look at the rear bumper on the trailer, it is the URL for the blog for these people and all is explained in it. But you need to be able to read/understand German.

D-Cup

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, 2003 Jetta GLS, 2000 Jetta GLS, 2012 JSW
Or HI

I met a guy a few years ago while camping in Utah. He was from Germany, said he paid about $800 to ship his Land Rover to the US, and he'd been driving it across the country camping along the way. He packed the LR with all the clothes and gear he needed (no food of course) and had it shipped. He said he flew here with a small carry-on, took a cab to pick up his car and off he went.
This LR had a pretty sweet setup inside. Pop-up tent mounted on roof, etc.

I hope I can afford to do something like that some day. :)

where2

Veteran Member
TDI
One '13 JSW_TDI & One '04 Variant_TDI
I met a guy a few years ago...

I hope I can afford to do something like that some day. :)
Ahh, the old Porsche European Delivery option, that's what I'd be hoping I could afford to do someday. ;)

For those who don't read German or haven't found this bit of technology, Google's Chrome browser has a translation option, which doesn't seem to work well on their main landing page, but works fairly well on the pages of individual days travels.