2006 BRM Alt/AC Bracket - broken engine mount

joshljoshl

TDI
Jetta
So my wife was on her way home from work the other day and heard a loud thunk, followed by lots of vibration and loud noise inside the car. I was out of town, but by her description it seemed like an engine mount to me. I had no idea the engine mounts on these cars are prone to failure. Thanks to the TDIClub, I was able to discover that, and find the Van Gogh bracket fix! I've ordered that bracket and the timing belt kit, figure that would be wise to do while it's apart.

Here's the problem... when the engine mount broke, it took out the alternator/compressor bracket as well. I called the dealer and he gave me part # 038903137AF - price $365. I'd like to see a pic to verify that's the right part, and maybe find a price but google finds no match for that part # anywhere. Does anyone know where I can verify that's the correct part and possibly find it online cheaper?

Also, I noticed the engine mount plate (where the 4 bolts go through into the block/brackets, whatever that's called) is at a ~30 degree angle, with the bottom of it resting on the metal frame... hence the loud noise in the cabin, I assume. Is it likely that this fatigued the rubber to the point it should also be replaced, or is it probably ok?

Thanks in advance!
Josh