VNT turbo on vw golf mk3 TDI

outer

TDI
VW Golf 1.9 TDI
Hey everyone,
I have golf mk3 1,9TDI 66kw with a stock turbo.
A few weeks ago i've done chiptuning i now i have 89 kw and 290 torgue.
Yesterday i've replaced stock nozzles with bigger ones which goes on 81 kw version of TDI.

The guys who chiped my car said that they can reprogram ECU to work with VNT turbo
So want to swap my stock turbo with something like VNT15 or VNT GT1749 or similar.

What additional parts do i need to do that? Has anybody done this?

Thanks in advance

cog

Veteran Member
TDI
98 GT.TDI 11O
i guess you have an agr or something then with the wastegate gt15 . there is a couple of threads if you search the power enhancements over the years . the vnt swap is a pain in the ar$e and puts most people off . the other option is bolting a bigger wastgate turbo on using a fabricated downpipe adapter . but this will give you more power but less driveability low down . and not easy to map. the vnt is a better turbo but is allot more work to get in . my advice is if you want more power than chip and injectors is . sell your car and buy a a vnt model or even pd / common rail tdi,s its allot quicker and less expensive that way. although its not the answer you want its just my veiw. i stared with a 110 vnt and still if i were to do it again i would just pay more and buy a pd150 in the first place would have been cheaper and more powerfull:eek:

if you want you could try to pm mojogoes who,s now sold his mk3 golf but he was running 249whp when last he had it so if theres anyone who knows how to get those wasgates moving its him