Jetta Door Compatibility

Howlin Wolf

TDI
1999.5 Mk4 Jetta, 2006 Mk5 Jetta
After a small accident I need to replace the driver's side fender and door on my 1999.5 Mk4 Jetta. I found both on a 2003 Jetta at a local Euro boneyard. The people there said their information states that a late 2003 door isn't compatible with a 1999. I believe they are physically the same, so I can only assume there is a wiring difference. Can anyone confirm that or know of another reason why they aren't compatible?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
1999 is a split year, so late is the same, early is a totally different car. That is probably where their confusion comes from.

I'd likely just transfer all your car's wiring over anyway, as THAT may be different.

Howlin Wolf

TDI
1999.5 Mk4 Jetta, 2006 Mk5 Jetta
That's what I assumed. I did check and the VW part number is the same for the door shells for both years. Thanks for the verification.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
If they're considering the window motor / door control module the 99.5 and 2003 are indeed different. But you can simply move the parts over from your older door, the sheet metal is the same.

-J

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
some interchanges show different door if it manual or electric window but I put a manual door where electric goes just the other day and just changed over the regulator and wiring.