Jetta/Golf sheet metal swap?

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Sooo, I have seen a Golf or two with a set Jetta clothes in front, and same for the opposite. What is required to do this swap? Is it as simple as it looks, remove one set( fenders, hood and bumper cover, headlights) and install the other?
cheers,
Douglas

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
And maybe the slam panel but it all fits, same car in a different outfit

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
Ah yes... the infamous Getta and/or Jolf. Haven't seen this mod in a while. Always a conversation piece.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
There were quite a few versions of each at the Euro show near me recently (40s in a bag). Front body panels/lights (I thought the rad support was different, but listings show them to be the same). Some minor wiring changes since the Golf has separate low and high beam bulbs (lows stay on with the highs on a Golf - this would burn out bulbs on a Jetta).

Last edited:

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Ahhhh...gforce, that is a *MOST* useful piece of information. That will take a wee bit of work. Any suggestions?
cheers,
Douglas

mjydrafter

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
So, do you guys try to find color matched stuff or just get the stuff and paint.

I just did a repaint on a hatch and a fender, I would vote for finding matched.;)

I don't think I've ever seen a Grafit Blau Golf though. I'm sure they made them, I've just never seen one in the wild or otherwise. The other problem is finding decent stuff in the salt zone, no matter the color.