New 2015 Passat TDI Highline owner

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Hi Guy's. New to the Passat thread but a TDI club member since 2005.
Yesterday I got my Passat, a nice white car with only about 5,500 miles on the clock. From a dealer in Ontario,Canada.

I've already got window vent shades on order. Also an update to the RNS 510 to the 10M maps from 9M. This update also includes a firmware update and a VIM update. VIM apparently fixes videos in motion.

Probably my next will be some lamp updates to LED's. NOT headlight LED's,THEY suck ! Maybe window tinting too.

I lucked out at a local VW dealer and purchased a Fuel Nozzle adapter for CDN $ 15.00. I had searched the internet and found some for as much as US$ 26.00 including shipping.

I'll be asking for some more advice in the future, so I hope you will indulge me.

Lincoln

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6 Speed MT
Welcome. There's multiple threads on what other people have done in terms of upgrades. Lots of good ideas out there.

PrairieRoamer

TDI
2013 passat
Mint! Bought a 2013 in white also. The paint seems very sturdy on the car. 68,000 KM and only a few minor rock chips. I'm in northern Alberta and there's always rocks flying. What did you get the car for if you don't mind me asking?

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mint! Bought a 2013 in white also. The paint seems very sturdy on the car. 68,000 KM and only a few minor rock chips. I'm in northern Alberta and there's always rocks flying. What did you get the car for if you don't mind me asking?
From Dealer = 8000km on the clock 31km plus tax

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Welcome. There's multiple threads on what other people have done in terms of upgrades. Lots of good ideas out there.
Thanks Lincoln
I've already decided I need to update the headlights. Don't like the yellowish hue. On my former Jetta I was running a HID conversion kit. But it was long out of warrantee, LOL.

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
I don't think he'll be eligible for a payment since he bought the car after the brouhaha broke out. I think you will have had to be the owner of record on that date.

But, stranger things have happened...

PrairieRoamer

TDI
2013 passat
I don't think he'll be eligible for a payment since he bought the car after the brouhaha broke out. I think you will have had to be the owner of record on that date.

it should apply because an individual buys a vehicle based on fuel mileage sometimes, and if a possible fix uses more fuel, the company will have to reimburse for the additional fuel the vehicle will use in its projected life.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
only 3.0 TDI V6 owners can register now

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
You're right, I'm not eligible.:( You had to be the owner of an affected TDI before a certain date in 2015.

laminated

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Sportwagen
for headlights, use powerbulbs UK they ship to Canada and there never is duty or fees.. they have 20% off sales at times,, Hope fathers day is next.. prob half the price of Canadian tire. Throw the tires away and get Michelin Primacy tires,, Much better ride and steering.. and on my 13. the filler restrictor, popped out with a screwdriver...

sohccammer427

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDi 6 Speed Manual
You're right, I'm not eligible.:( You had to be the owner of an affected TDI before a certain date in 2015.
That's interesting. It was my understanding that the details of the settlement were not going to be released until June 21th? At least that is what VW told me? Can I ask how you know this to be true?
If what you say is true that current owners, who were not the owners when the shtf, would not be obligated to have any repairs performed I guess?

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
This website lets you check if you are eligible:
https://www.vwdieselinfo.com/goodwill_package/

This tells you what I said, see number 2 in the first paragraph !!!

ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
In order to be eligible for the TDI Goodwill Package, you must:

1. Confirm you have a vehicle affected by the TDI emissions issue (“Affected Vehicle”) through the VIN lookup tool on vwdieselinfo.com;
  2. Be the registered owner or lessee of an Affected Vehicle as of November 8, 2015, and maintain ownership, registration and possession of the Affected Vehicle through the activation process (for clarity, the Affected Vehicle must have been purchased or leased by the current registered owner or lessee prior to November 9, 2015, the date of program initiation);
  3. Be a United States resident (including Puerto Rico); and
  4. For 2.0L TDI Customers: Register for the TDI Goodwill Package no later than April 30, 2016; For 3.0L TDI Customers: Register for the TDI Goodwill Package no later than July 31, 2016.
You are not eligible for the TDI Goodwill Package if:

1. You purchase or lease an Affected Vehicle on or after November 9, 2015; or
  2. You sold, turned-in or otherwise transferred the Affected Vehicle prior to the program initiation (November 9, 2015) or prior to TDI Goodwill Package activation; or
  3. Your Affected Vehicle is owned by either Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., or VW Credit, Inc. as part of an employee/retiree lease program or other corporate fleet program; or
  4. Your Affected Vehicle was reported sold as a Volkswagen corporate fleet sale; or
  5. You are a new vehicle or used vehicle automotive dealership and the Affected Vehicle is in your inventory.
If you are not sure if you are eligible, please contact VW Customer Care at 1-800-822-8987 for further assistance.

sohccammer427

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDi 6 Speed Manual
Thanks Jetta... But if I understand correctly that is for the goodwill package. I know I'm not eligible for that as the original owner already claimed it.
My question is on 6/21 or possibly later when the results of the settlement are made public, will current owners of affected cars be included in the settlement?
We've all heard about the $5,000 payback, some cars being bought back, and more. None of this can be verified, and I not sure anyone, with the exception of the lawyers who are under a gag rule, can say at this point what will happen. :)

RichmondKYtdi

The vent thing drives me crazy, everyone that has tried them hates them but the amount of water kick back from the windshield, even during misty times is bad and the water shedding off the roof into the car in the morning is crazy! I cracked the windows this morning and backed out of my driveway, turned the wheel and my passenger side was soaked from the roof runoff, my A4 never did that.

So i havent put anything on yet, been trying to teach myself to just use the moonroof raise for airflow...

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The vent thing drives me crazy, everyone that has tried them hates them but the amount of water kick back from the windshield, even during misty times is bad and the water shedding off the roof into the car in the morning is crazy! I cracked the windows this morning and backed out of my driveway, turned the wheel and my passenger side was soaked from the roof runoff, my A4 never did that.

So i havent put anything on yet, been trying to teach myself to just use the moonroof raise for airflow...
I would suggest NOT to open the moon/sun roof in those conditions. On my 2002 Jetta I suspect that is what caused the headliner to separate from the door posts to the back window.