Quick squeak then loss of power, 2nd gear when hot out.

Dlesp52

TDI
2002 Jetta tdi
I have a 2002 Jetta TDI. At night the car is an animal and was good all winter. Being in southern ontario the heat and humidity gets up there. For the last couple weeks when its really hot out my car will make a quick squeak from what sounds like the front left area, and i experience a loss of acceleration. It happens at about 1900 rpm in 2nd gear and the lack of acceleration continues for the rest of the gears. 1st no problem and below 1900rpm on second. However when shes hot its happening everytime. The squeak is very fast and no noise before or after but at that moment the power drops almost as if a limp mode however my turbo actuator is brand new and working fine and no engine lights come on. Any help is much appreciated. EDIT* I have cleaned my MAF and installed a new felt backed air filter and there was no change in the problem.

Last edited:

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
Your turbo actuator might be new, but the vanes inside are probably coked up. Is it the car's original turbo? How is your intake manifold? Ever been cleaned out?