engine mount kit?

Ray299

TDI
Beetle
I need to do my motor mounts... dos anyone know of somewhere that sells the mounts and TTY bolts all in one kit? Hoping to save some money here instead of ordering them separately...
TIA!

Ray299

TDI
Beetle
Why do you think you need mounts? I hardly ever, EVER, see these fail.
My motor jumps all over the engine bay. lol. I know I need the dog bone. I can see it from underneath. It's bad. If thats bad and the motor jumps as much as it does, I can imagine the other two not being too far behind so I want to do them all at once.

Ray299

TDI
Beetle
Also, that may be a separate problem or one in the same... but when I got the car, starting out in first gear the whole thing shook horribly only while letting out the clutch... I think that might be a different issue like the clutch itself though... I think the car sat and flywheel got rusted because after I drove it for a few months, the shake dropped by half... either that or I got used to it.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
Could be the flywheel itself. The original is a dual mass design and over time they wear and the inner mass can get off center.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Is the Dog Bone covered in oil? Is there oil on the oil pan and transmission area where they join?

The bad DBs I've seen were soaked in oil. A grabbing clutch generally is contaminated with oil due to a leaky rear main seal. I've never experienced a DMF/Clutch failure, thus, I have no clue how that might appear.

Like Oilhammer stated, I've never seen the other two motor mounts worn out. I'm sure there are plenty of used ones in junk yards or on a garage shelf in member's garages.

Ray299

TDI
Beetle
Is the Dog Bone covered in oil? Is there oil on the oil pan and transmission area where they join?

The bad DBs I've seen were soaked in oil. A grabbing clutch generally is contaminated with oil due to a leaky rear main seal. I've never experienced a DMF/Clutch failure, thus, I have no clue how that might appear.

Like Oilhammer stated, I've never seen the other two motor mounts worn out. I'm sure there are plenty of used ones in junk yards or on a garage shelf in member's garages.
Ok thanks. Yes it was covered in oil... The injector pump was leaking and made the whole thing pretty wet for a while. Maybe I'll save $100 and just do the dog bone....

ToxicDoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, S7, .216
ECS carries kits, from aftermarket to OE with bolts, depending on which model we're talking about.