Official Spotted thread

TheTDIWagonGuy

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Black 2003 Bora Wagon TDI
wakeboarder_shawn said:
I think I saw thetdiwagonguy north bound 400 at mapleview around 7:50 this morning in barrie. Black jetta wagon with HID's
Ya, that was me. I was late:eek:

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI Highline
Ya, that was me. I was late:eek:
You want to hear a story about late? Meeting at 7am, in my head was setting my alarm for 5:50, but actually set it for 6:50, then hit snooze, then woke up again at 7am. Oops! :D

(but due to 150m commute, I was only 15 minutes late ;))

atifvw

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI, 2015 Golf Wagon TDI. 2008 Grand Cherokee Diesel
I'm on 401 between Yonge/401 and Mavis/401 every day morning and afternoon rush hours driving the Golf with TDIClub sticker and plates...lets see if I come across you guys....

Sometimes also take 403 on my way back to Miss if 401 is clogged after airport.

A

OhMagoo

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Jetta, '05 Passat
Unit 17...may she RIP

She she suffered in the end a painful ending. Oil in the coolant, originally diagnosed as oil cooler 2 months ago when in fact it was the head gasket. She had 2 gallons of oil in the coolant system, required a head re-man, new cylinder liners .. basically a full in frame re-build. She's gone now. Her last day she was weeping toxic waste from all her orifices. So sad.

OhMagoo

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Jetta, '05 Passat
TheTDIWagonGuy said:
Were you driving #50 through Hillsdale last week?
I was indeed. I'm in a Paclease rental for the next 8 weeks or so till my new truck comes in.

CalibreTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta, 2012 Passat
Today on the QEW around 5:30pm in Mississauga, Black Jetta/Bota with a red I and "it's a diesel" plate frame. Probably a leaf fan - looked like you had a blue maple leaf hanged on the rear view mirror. I couldn't catch up :)

CalibreTDI

TheTDIWagonGuy

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Black 2003 Bora Wagon TDI
I was last week. It will be someone else this week. Too bad, I liked the drive north in the morning. No traffic!

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
Silver02TDI said:
You want to hear a story about late? Meeting at 7am, in my head was setting my alarm for 5:50, but actually set it for 6:50, then hit snooze, then woke up again at 7am. Oops! :D

(but due to 150m commute, I was only 15 minutes late ;))
150 metres does not officially fall under the definition of commute.

saw LikeMyWagon at the Truck Town Terminals, getting a fill up and then some.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
I think most people that own TDI's have no idea about TDIClub :)

I see all kinds of TDI's up in Barrie, but I am sure they'd think I am crazy if I waved at everyone, lol!!

wny_pat

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
I do agree with you guys. Was very surprised to see the number of TDIs that I saw up there. Do not see anywhere near that number down here, unless maybe they have Ontario plates on them.

Will be back up in about a month, and maybe somebody will wave that time.

CalibreTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta, 2012 Passat
wny_pat said:
I do agree with you guys. Was very surprised to see the number of TDIs that I saw up there. Do not see anywhere near that number down here, unless maybe they have Ontario plates on them.

Will be back up in about a month, and maybe somebody will wave that time.
The TDI Mecca in Ontario has to be the Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge area. What's even more interesting - most of the owners, mechanics and salesmen are Webers or Warners or something along these lines. :)

CalibreTDI

Sweeps

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently. MK4/5/6 Jetta's in the past.
Toronto Vento I think that was you I saw today as I scooted by you on 401 east Just before 400 north.

Car looks sharp!

ProPAL

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Bora TDI GLS Black/Black & 2003 Golf TDI GLS Silver/Black
Hey Toronto Vento your turn to shine. We spotted each other a couple days back I was bleeding my clutch line and its all better now. Moving out Monday so we we see each other so often.

Late tuesday I spotted a TDI North Bound on HW404 at about 12:15 AM with the rear tail lights out, i was watching you then got bored and took it up to some rediculous speed since i wanted to get home quicker not sure if your a member?

Propal

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
wakeboarder_shawn said:
Lnxguy was that you this afternoon northbound 400 around 3:30? I thought you were a gasser until I saw the side exit:D

Yup, that would be me :) Left early from work to miss the traffic. To bad I couldn't miss the Interstate battery truck @ 88 that flipped over and closed the 400 for a good 45mins...

Sweeps

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently. MK4/5/6 Jetta's in the past.
LNXGUY said:
Yup, that would be me :) Left early from work to miss the traffic. To bad I couldn't miss the Interstate battery truck @ 88 that flipped over and closed the 400 for a good 45mins...
Haha, I left early to miss traffic as well, got stuck in that same Jam! I didn't hear about it until about 5 seconds after I passed Canal Road exit, so I was stopped for a good 30 minutes.

wakeboarder_shawn

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Highline
LNXGUY said:
wow i got lucky i guess because I was following you for a bit, around the major mac/king road area. I guess must of just barely missed that

Closey

TDI
Golf Gls, 2005, Black
4:00 pm today near london on the 401 I saw an Alfa Romeo with red licence plates (diplomat), anyways it said 155 JTD on the back so i looked it up. JTD stands for multijet diesel, this thing took off like I only wish my PD would. I also wish i had a set of those plates since the guy was booking it at over 140 with complete disragard.