How much to list 2002 VW Jetta Wagon TDI for - needs work

Keven

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
I'm going to help my parents sell their 2002 Jetta TDI wagon. It's going to need a new accesory bracket, glove box and headliner. It also has a clearcoat failure on the roof and hood. It's a rust free FL car with leather interior. I'm also 90% sure it has a rocketchip. Due to this I would rate the condition as poor/fair but has the potential to be a great car with some elbow grease.
Considering it has 220k miles now, any thoughts as to where to list it? I've seen running models going from $1500-6000 and can't quite tell what they actually sell for.

steve6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
craigslist.. start at $1500 and if not sold in a week.. go down. Not worth much more than that with needing that bracket. If its auto.. its a harder sell but rockers look ok which is where most have issues.

pgringo

TDI
03 5speed wagon. 03 5speed Jetta sedan
Manual or auto? Makes a huge difference in value.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

bigkahuna360

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI, 2011 BMW 335d Stage 2
It's an 02 wagon. I would consider $3k a fair deal as decent/good condition wagons are hard to find. If it were manual, I would have said that value would be ~$500 more or so.

EDIT: If anyone brings up mileage as a reason to lower the price, 200k miles is just broken in. People have take the head off of a car with 300k and it looked like it just rolled off the line.