For Sale: 2000 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI $10,500

tlally

UNIQUE AUTOMATIC GLS TDI! - 45 MPG!! Please call Tom at 540-270-1254 for more info. 1.9L Turbo Diesel, Good Condition, Silver, Black Leather Interior, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, AC, 4 New Tires, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Power Locks, Power Windows, AM/FM Stereo Radio & Cassette, Tilt Steering, Rear Defroster, Remote Trunk Release, Driver Side Airbag, Passenger Side Airbag, Power Sideview Mirrors, Front Bucket Seats, Reclining Seats, Map Lights, Anti-Locking Brake System, Power Sun/Moon Roof. THIS IS AN AMAZING CAR!!! The trunk is huge! We love it and are sick to have to sell it. We loved not paying as much at the pump and getting so many miles out of one tank! And the heated seats rock! PLEASE CALL us for more info - ASK FOR TOM - 540-270-1254. Thanks for looking!

Please check out:
http://www.cars.com/search/used/cc/stand...p;src=&cid=

POWERSTROKE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
Another first poster trying to sell a car over here. Someone has to do something about this. I don't think Fred's should get a bad name (Fred himself too) for people selling stuff over here that may be unknown history. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
[ QUOTE ]
Another first poster trying to sell a car over here. Someone has to do something about this. I don't think Fred's should get a bad name (Fred himself too) for people selling stuff over here that may be unknown history. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Posting 1000 times over a long time period does not magically make a car being sold any better or worse than one being sold by someone posting their first time.
As it's a TDI, it is being offered for sale in exactly the right place.
As always, buyer beware when purchasing a used car. A proper inspection and maintenance records are a must.

Wish you luck with your sale.

And how many miles are on your TDI?

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Posting 1000 times over a long time period does not magically make a car being sold any better or worse than one being sold by someone posting their first time.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you or I offered our TDIs for sale, it would be impossible for either of us to misrepresent our cars. Any prospective buyer could go back and read what we have said in the past about our cars.

The OP of this thread is just a guy named Tom. He could be a guy who took excellent care of his Jetta. But we have no way of knowing. Caveat emptor.

blitzoid

Veteran Member
TDI
Blue '02 Golf GLS TDI
I'm inclined to agree - the ability to post something for sale, where there is clear individual gain, is a privledge. That privledge should be earned by giving to this community, no matter how small that contribution is.

Other boards have rules where you have to be a member for a certain time period, or make a certain number of posts before you can put up a for sale post... I don't think it's a horrible idea.

While we're on (off???) topic - has anyone else felt a need for a misc. for sale section? I've got a bunch of fun stuff which isn't really TDI related, but will find its way onto ebay eventually. (old Gameboy games, for example) I'd love to give the forum a crack at it first, since I'd rather see a forum member find a great deal than someone more anonymous.... perhaps it's worth emailing our almighty leader.

lumberjackbob

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Getta
[ QUOTE ]
While we're on (off???) topic - has anyone else felt a need for a misc. for sale section?

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggested this a while back in the "suggestion" forum. I was quickly shot down with the reply, "Thats whats e-Bay is for" /images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

blitzoid

Veteran Member
TDI
Blue '02 Golf GLS TDI
Oh well... so it goes. I'm sure Fred has his reasons.

That being said, if there's a massive groundswell of support for it, perhaps its worth asking again, although I really doubt that support exists.

diggler1

TDI
06 Audi A3 2.0TDI, DSG
I've been reading the forum's here for quite sometime shopping for a TDI and appreciate all the info.
It's a bit disturbing to see veterans bust a newbie's chops just for trying to sell a vehicle...
What skin off your back is it for him to make a post?
Say you owned an F-150, would you try to sell it on F-150online.com? I would.
Leave it up to the buyer to determine whether or not the vehicle posted for sale fits their needs. If you have a problem with the post, then either e-mail the poster or tell Fred but please don't tarnish his post with an impersonal complaint.

OBTW, Tom, I sent you an e-mail.
Cheers,
Diggs

Marcb

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Wow, I bought a 2001 Jetta TDI from a forum member here and it was an excellent car. I really think any member of TDIClub.com is an enthusisast. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif