Anyone try the Noco Genius GB30?

PoloPolo

TDI
'99.5 ALH Jetta, cool white. R.I.P '04 BEW platinum grey Jetta (car fire)
Just curious.
I can't dig much up on how the GB30 battery booster does with the TDI's.
Has anyone tried one out?
I bought a big Mastercraft 1400 and it works like a champ...but it's big and bulky so I'm just looking around at other options. :) (you know what else works like a champ? Brand new OEM battery!:D)

Last edited:

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Not this exact one, but I have seen these lithium boosters in action, and they are impressive for the size.

I was helping a relative start his boat, and we borrowed a 12v battery from a car and some jumper cables - the boost-ee was a GM vortec 4.3L converted to marine use.

The car battery and decent cables barely cranked it - we got a couple of good tries before the starter only clicked.

He called "his guy" on the lake and he showed up with one of these (different brand). Hooked it up and OMG, did that engine crank over quickly - I was floored.

I can't speak to this particular brand or model, but these lithium battery packs do work, and work well.

-25 on a TDI...? If I needed a booster pack I'd be getting one of these instead of the traditional heavy battery packs.

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
someone should get one and do the IDparts cold start challenge and see if they are worth while on a cold diesel

I had a completely dead battery a while back and CAA came with just a power pack, that wouldn't work, i had booster cables and they wouldn't even let me hook them up

i've go the same model of charger as Mark but mine has the boost feature to give a little more power to jump start, seems to work pretty good

dmoonen

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta 1.9L TDI, 00 Jetta Alh and several others.
I have one, I'm in and out of the country so the diesels sit at the park & fly for weeks at a time safe to say I do use them and they work.

I also have the G26000 in the shop which does boosting, maintaining and charging. . If your close to a plug I'd recommend it more then the stand alone gb30 booster because realistically your car most likely wont start at home overnight rather then at a pit stop at the mall.

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
someone should get one and do the IDparts cold start challenge and see if they are worth while on a cold diesel

I had a completely dead battery a while back and CAA came with just a power pack, that wouldn't work, i had booster cables and they wouldn't even let me hook them up

i've go the same model of charger as Mark but mine has the boost feature to give a little more power to jump start, seems to work pretty good
That's why i bought it. The truck sat over the long weekend, didn't want to start on the Monday. Only a boost would work.

Used the neighbours mini van. Poor ford, stalled a few times too. LOL