Any Arizona TDI'ers want to meet up?

3turboz

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL Wolfsberg
Every Sunday night we hang out starting about 8ish at Southern and Mclintock in Tempe, it is a VW crowd with a few TDI's and my BMW diesel, check it out sometime if interested PM me for more info...southwest corner behine the Osco or walgreens drug store cant remember which one it is since im on drugs...
That would be behind the Walgreens by the Coldstone? Will check you out next week.

3turboz

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL Wolfsberg
Every Sunday night we hang out starting about 8ish at Southern and Mclintock in Tempe, it is a VW crowd with a few TDI's and my BMW diesel, check it out sometime if interested PM me for more info...southwest corner behine the Osco or walgreens drug store cant remember which one it is since im on drugs...
I will check this out tonight.

DieselRacer

banned
TDI
BMW Advanced Diesel...2011 BMW 335d
Very glad I stumbled upon this thread! Will be moving to Phoenix in the next month, assuming current home sale goes as planned, and want to get connected with other VW TDI fans!

Do any of the Phoenix TDI folks have interest in TDI work days? I have a MKIV Golf TDI and will soon 'need' to accomplish some maintenance in addition to understanding the difference(s) of running a TDI in the desert.

We will be calling the area of Ahwatukee home...
I live right by you, yes ill help work on cars, my nephew is my mechanic he has all the good tools...

Hombre

TDI
2002 Jetta 5spd blue & tan, 2002 Jetta 5spd blue & grey
Is this still in play? I've been in AZ for years but I just recently picked up a pair of '02 Jetta TDI's. I could use some schooling. :)

1nfinitum

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen 6sp
Not much goes on around here. I met with a few others a couple years back, but as far as I know there are no regular meet ups here. It would be nice to get one to happen again, I'd look forward to seeing other diesels.

3turboz

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL Wolfsberg
Hey, let's plan it!

I did the Sunday night thing as stated above, but I was the only oil burner there. VDUB society is on facebook and they have regular meets at Pavilions and on the west side.

I think a weekend road trip up to Wickenburg for a burger at Screamers would be fun.

1nfinitum

TDI
That sounds like fun, I wish there was a way to get a hold of those who don't check the forums as often but still want to participate.

3turboz

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL Wolfsberg
I have a few phone numbers (mostly other ALH guys) and can send some PM's. Biggest problem is Phoenix if 525 square miles on its own, let alone the burbs. Finding a good common location is a problem.

Last edited:

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
For the most part, just name a place and most people will show, if they can make it.

Tony
Sent from my e-diesel fleet

Hombre

TDI
And someone bring your vagcom (or whatever it's called). I'd like to change my odo to read miles instead of km.

I'm personally east side (almost in AJ), but I could be conned into driving out west.

1nfinitum

TDI
I don't think most people mind driving down to central Phoenix for a meet up. There's not a whole lot of us, so we won't really have that luxury. Doing it in central phoenix will make sure no one has to drive all the way across the valley though.

I've got a MkVI, I'll probably be the odd one out.

3turboz

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL Wolfsberg
And someone bring your vagcom (or whatever it's called). I'd like to change my odo to read miles instead of km.

I'm personally east side (almost in AJ), but I could be conned into driving out west.
I should be able to do that with my VCDS.

Anyone want to meet tonight at the McClintock and Southern deal?

Hombre

TDI
I should be able to do that with my VCDS.
Anyone want to meet tonight at the McClintock and Southern deal?
Sorry about that, I didn't have have thread subscription turned on. Rookie mistake. I'm generally free in the evenings, so any day is fine with me.

Coffee at the Bean or hot dogs up the road at Ted's?

1nfinitum

TDI
Let's do something more than a week out so more people have time to check the thread and plan accordingly. Like the evening of Sat. the 21st. Also if you know any other diesel owners shoot them a line so we can hopefully get a better turnout.

3turboz

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL Wolfsberg
Let's do something more than a week out so more people have time to check the thread and plan accordingly. Like the evening of Sat. the 21st. Also if you know any other diesel owners shoot them a line so we can hopefully get a better turnout.
Where? Scottsdale Pavilions are always an option for Saturday night, but it might be better to not park in the car show area if we want to have ease of going in and out.

1nfinitum

TDI
I honestly have no clue, I haven't done a lot of meetups. In fact after I suggested that date I realized I'm going to be busy all day on the 21st. Even if I had any clue of where to meet I wouldn't be able to be there anyway. :/

AnnaTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf 5-spd [BEW]
Hey guys! Just now finding out about this thread, I'm a TDI-er in Phoenix with no TDI friends in the valley yet :( anyone with a BEW by chance?

flyntigger

TDI
2005 PD Golf TDI
Would love to meet some other TDers in the valley. I live down in Gilbert but willing to drive wherever to meet up. Looking to do some future power mods to my '05 Golf BEW TDI. Would be nice to meet others that have done some and talk shop. I have Sundays off for all of June..

Shawnz

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta GLS TDI, ex-O1M
a last ditch attempt - anyone in Phoenix have a cam sprocket holder they are willing to lend me? Of all the things i got, i forgot to order this...

i should try to make one, but so far it's not working out :(

http://cdn3.volusion.com/pwajs.vdahc/v/vspfiles/photos/MN3036-2.jpg
What part of the valley are you in? I have the whole Metalnerd ALH timing belt tool set which includes that counter-hold tool.

Are you working on an ALH or a BEW? I don't think you need it for the BEW in your '04.

AnnaTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf 5-spd [BEW]
What part of the valley are you in? I have the whole Metalnerd ALH timing belt tool set which includes that counter-hold tool.
Are you working on an ALH or a BEW? I don't think you need it for the BEW in your '04.

Thank you!! I ended up just being patient, taking out the motor mount, lowering the engine a bit, and turning from the crankshaft, its probably better that way anyway. (since i have to do all that anyway)

you are correct, i'm on a BEW. Thanks anyway!! I'm in ahwatukee by the way, I have yet to meet any TDIers in the valley, so I always end up buying everything i need instead of being able to borrow, its getting expensive :0

I suppose I may end up needing it for any cam sprocket torsion adjustment later on.. not quite there yet though, still in the 'tear-apart' process :)