MKV parts

russdawg24

TDI
'13 Passat SEL w/DSG
So I’m taking apart my MKV rabbit and I got to thinking about how our passat share many parts with the MkV platform. I checked on the sway bars and sure enough they are interchangeable. Turns out that the Rabbit’s sway bars are almost 3mm thicker than the Passat’s. Would be a cheap and easy upgrade after I get some decent bushings.

Anyone ever swap parts from any MKV vehicles that I should grab off my Rabbit?

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Shocks and struts are interchangeable.

Springs for the Passat have a heavier spring rate though, so I wouldn’t use the springs.

Other than that, I can’t imagine too much else would be interchangeable between a gas powered MkV and a TDI Passat

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I bought a 24mm H&R rear swaybar from a TDI member who had it on a I believe Golf wagon.
It fits my Passat perfectly. Took a bit of persuasion to get the original rubber bushings to fit on the bar though.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
H&R provides their own bushings to fit the larger bar, they have teflon, and are sqweak/maintenance free.

I'd be amazed you were able to get an OEM bushing that's for an 18mm bar onto a 24mm bar.

Sadly I fell for H&R parts number cross listing, and found the part number specific for the NMS bought it ($260ish) instead of using cheaper MK5 part number bar.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
H&R provides their own bushings to fit the larger bar, they have teflon, and are sqweak/maintenance free.
I'd be amazed you were able to get an OEM bushing that's for an 18mm bar onto a 24mm bar.
No I used the bushings that were on the H&R bar, they were just harder to put into place in the brackets for the car.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Turns out that the Rabbit’s sway bars are almost 3mm thicker than the Passat’s.
The Rabbit/GTI uses either a 22.5mm or 23.6mm bar up front and either a 19.6mm, 20.7mm, or 21.7mm bar in the rear.

The passat uses a 22mm bar up front and either a 19mm or 20.7mm bar out back.

Last edited: