Door Sills

Snowman

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Does anyone have a good source for high quality door sills that will fit on my soon to arrive 2012 Jetta? The car looks naked without them. Has anyone installed them and are you happy with them? Of course, if you have pics, all the better!

Roshermoore

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW DSG sunroof
3M Protective Film

Since I was interested in door sill protection and not more advertising of my TDI I ordered a 6' x 4" roll of 3M protective film from an Amazon dealer. I've forgotten which one. But it cost about $20.00 plus $3.00 shipping. It works fine and you don't even know it's there. There was enough in the roll to do both front door sills.

JaredC01

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE - 6MT
The 3M method works, though I think the OP is looking for some 'bling' as I am... He stated the car looks 'naked' without them, and the clear 3M film won't change the look, just the protection.

Both are good options though...

Snowman

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Well, I'm not interested in bling.... just protection. I had a sill cover that was standard with my 01 Jetta, but would be happy with plain brushed aluminium as well. Thanks for the input!

JaredC01

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE - 6MT
Well, I'm not interested in bling.... just protection. I had a sill cover that was standard with my 01 Jetta, but would be happy with plain brushed aluminium as well. Thanks for the input!
I'm not into the traditional sense of 'bling' either, but I did end up ordering the door sills to fill the blank space, along with protection. The brushed sills should add a bit of 'flare' I suppose I should say, rather than 'bling'.

superbee

TDI
2011 Jetta Highline
Since I was interested in door sill protection and not more advertising of my TDI I ordered a 6' x 4" roll of 3M protective film from an Amazon dealer. I've forgotten which one. But it cost about $20.00 plus $3.00 shipping. It works fine and you don't even know it's there. There was enough in the roll to do both front door sills.

+1
The guys who tinted my windows used 3M film on all 4 door sills. Very clean job.