www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas

VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas Discussions area for A5/MkV Jetta/Golf (2005/2006 PD and 2009 CR).

Old August 2nd, 2010, 12:55   #46
jenettles

Default P2112 FIX for the uber cheap

This Crapped out at 63000 miles...still going at 108000....and now 135000.

I took this thing apart on my 06 jetta tdi. Stupid plastic gears! I can't believe there is not a recall. About 10% of the black gear was stripped out -(it's a 1/3 of a circle so 20 % of the gear was fine. As I inspected it, it was obvious that the gear could be turned around and the stripped part would never be used...(if I could get it off). NOTE -It's definately a NON-Serviceable part...but I did.

To do this,

Take it off, Clean the intake completely (cleaner the better as you'll be driving this by needle bearings, take off intake flapper (2 torx) remove it, take the black cover off, remove the white gear, drive the assembly with the black gear out by taking a punch and driving out from the other side. drill out the plastic in about (I think) five spots (2 are easy as there is an impression in the plastic. One (I think- its been awhile) is in the center, and the other two are about 1/4 inch from the outer holes. Drill through both sides of the plastic...That's all the way through - note: if you're drilling metal you're in the wrong place! remove gear, flip it around. Use a bonding glue, reassemble it - AND BE SURE TO HAVE THE GEAR PROPERLY SEATED ON THE METAL as there is no tolerance for it. Put it back together, presto. Put 400$ back in your pocket. Mine is still going. :-)

Last edited by jenettles; April 18th, 2015 at 23:45. Reason: update
jenettles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2010, 14:45   #47
2footbraker
Veteran Member

Nothing to add except mine failed about a month after driving the car off the lot. Bad design using a plastic gear that close to the egr and exhaust manifold.

2footbraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 18:26   #48
McDiesel

Due to the price of the part and the fact that it didn't seem to have any adverse effect on performance or mileage I left it go. Recently the car has started to perform poorly at 2500 rpm on up. The code is still P2112. Rechecking the price for the Flap at vwparts.com I see that they list the 03G128063J but the price is up to $345.60 as of today. Several posters reference IIRC but I don't know who that is. Please enlighten me as I feel this repair should be handled ASAP on our TDi and I want to get a good price on the replacement part.
McDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 18:37   #49
40X40
Experienced

Fuel Economy: TBD, new data forthcoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDiesel View Post
Due to the price of the part and the fact that it didn't seem to have any adverse effect on performance or mileage I left it go. Recently the car has started to perform poorly at 2500 rpm on up. The code is still P2112. Rechecking the price for the Flap at vwparts.com I see that they list the 03G128063J but the price is up to $345.60 as of today. Several posters reference IIRC but I don't know who that is. Please enlighten me as I feel this repair should be handled ASAP on our TDi and I want to get a good price on the replacement part.
RE: IIRC

http://tinyurl.com/b8t9vk

Bill
If you omit pertinent info from your question, you cannot reasonably expect a good answer.//Not affiliated with any vendors except as a customer.// Wise people lurk more.// I'm not a guru.// 'I got actual real friends in the real world'-T'sTDI/ If you were the only entry, there wasn't a race.// Grammar and spelling really are important, but I don't claim to be good at it.// Typical drivers can't.
40X40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2010, 06:10   #50
McDiesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40X40 View Post
Thanks Bill but I had done that- somehow misread and thought IIRC was a vendor not an acronym.

You may or may not have noted that I at least attempted to come up with helpful info like part numbers an pricing to save other users trouble.

Cheers
Old August 24th, 2010, 06:23   #51
40X40
Experienced

Fuel Economy: TBD, new data forthcoming

Quote:
Thanks Bill but I had done that- somehow misread and thought IIRC was a vendor not an acronym.

You may or may not have noted that I at least attempted to come up with helpful info like part numbers an pricing to save other users trouble.

Cheers

We are good! I would have used clickable links, but you did fine!

Bill
If you omit pertinent info from your question, you cannot reasonably expect a good answer.//Not affiliated with any vendors except as a customer.// Wise people lurk more.// I'm not a guru.// 'I got actual real friends in the real world'-T'sTDI/ If you were the only entry, there wasn't a race.// Grammar and spelling really are important, but I don't claim to be good at it.// Typical drivers can't.
40X40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2010, 07:15   #52
McDiesel

Local dealership at $405 each plus it'll be a 2 day wait since they don't keep them in stock.

1stVWParts at $345.60

No way to do clickable link directly to the part itself 03G128063
Old August 24th, 2010, 09:05   #53
McDiesel

Quote:
Local dealership at $405 each plus it'll be a 2 day wait since they don't keep them in stock.

1stVWParts at $345.60

No way to do clickable link directly to the part itself 03G128063

Apparently the final letter in the P/N makes a big difference. I had read of a 03G-128-063-D or 03G-128-063-G or 03G-128-063-J or 03G-128-063-Q

From what I have found, the Q is what I need for my 2006 TDi, yours may need a different part as I am old that the -J part is for a BHW diesel as used in a Passat. Sorry for the confusion
Old August 24th, 2010, 15:59   #54
McDiesel

The 03G-128-063-Q is available at 1stVWParts at $216.00 plus shipping. Ordered mine today

EASILY THE BEST DEAL I SAW ANYWHERE.

They have fast, professional, service every time I have ordered from them in the past and obviously great prices.
Old August 28th, 2010, 08:06   #55
dturcott

Fuel Economy: 45
Default code p2112

I have recently had the same issue with this code p2112 throttle acuator control system stuck closed ? Can you tell what ends up being the fix to resolve the issue or if the is a componet I can test ? 2006 jetta brm 159,000 miles
thanks
dturcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2010, 12:07   #56
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilhammer View Post
We've learned a new throttle body fixes the problem.
It seems the question has been asked (and answered) several times in this thread alone. It is not a very big thread, please go back and read through it all before posting.
Old August 31st, 2010, 16:31   #57
McDiesel

Got my new flap today. With the bad flap off I can see inside the assembly and it is gunked/carboned up big-time. I'd like to clean this out and I think I even saw a thread on here somewhere but searching thru the other threads for quite a while tonight I haven't located it. I think it'd be foolish to spray carb cleaner into the assembly and have chunks go down into the engine (exhaust manifold?). At the same time I was thinking a quick 20 minute swap and I'd be done. I am not sure I can bring myself to just slap it back together seeing that 90,000 miles worth of buildup in there.

Here's a picture
Old August 31st, 2010, 16:38   #58
2footbraker
Veteran Member

Are you in the States?

2footbraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 03:22   #59
McDiesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2footbraker View Post
Are you in the States?
yes- S. Central PA
Old September 22nd, 2010, 06:35   #60
McDiesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobiledaveb View Post
Mine threw the 2112 again this weekend. Looks like I'll be ordering the part as well. I read somewhere on here that it needs to be calibrated after installation?

Thanks!

db
I put the new "flap" in on 8-31-10 and I was under the impression that the ECU would calibrate the system itself just by driving it? The power is a little better with the new flap but in a word performance is "flat". We took our TDi in for a timing belt job today. The owner of the shop called and said that there were "adaptation codes" that were needed to do a sort of calibration when a new part like this is installed. He has a Vag-Com tool obviously but said that some of the guys he talked to about this said you had to take it back to the stealership to get this "adaptation" done. Anyone have access to these codes or have any knowledge of this? Our mechanic was looking to source the codes so he would have them for our job and then retain them for future use as well. Thanks