New (To Us) Golf

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
It stinks that the '01 got totaled, but I like the new one quite a bit. Congrats on the Mk7! We need a side by side photo!

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Paul really nice has the MK7 been to NH yet?

Sad that the MK4 is in par-less shape.
PeterV

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
No, Peter, not this one. The GSW, however, has been up there a couple of times. The '01 has been a great car for 18 years. Currently dickering with the insurance company over the value for buy-back. All of the comps that their adjuster could find were gassers in the $3K range. I sent them a listing for an '01 TDI for $4,900 but they rejected it because it was outside their 150 mile range...

Paul really nice has the MK7 been to NH yet?

Sad that the MK4 is in par-less shape.
PeterV

MattRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE TDI, 2014 Beetle TDI, 1981 Rabbit Diesel
I also had a 2001 Tornado Red Golf TDI, though mine was a GLS with sunroof. I had it for 18 years and sold it in February to another member here on TDI club. It had 393K miles on it. I loved that car.

I've also picked up a 2015 Golf SE TDI, but mine's white instead of red. I would have preferred red, but we can't choose in the used market as easily.

Congrats on the new car!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
It is actually in my side yard still. The engine and transmission are gone, the brakes are gone, as are various other bits and pieces. I want to take the interior out and some other stuff, as well as the hood and fenders, just have not had the chance. I keep taking on more projects, LOL.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
It is actually in my side yard still. The engine and transmission are gone, the brakes are gone, as are various other bits and pieces. I want to take the interior out and some other stuff, as well as the hood and fenders, just have not had the chance. I keep taking on more projects, LOL.
I know the feeling, taking on more and more projects. It's ADHD hard at work!

Could be worse - you could be using that parts Golf for your chickens to lay eggs in, as I do. The car as paid for itself in salvaged parts used in my daily or sold, and getting about 4-6 eggs a day in it almost daily for the past 10 months has been totally worth keeping it.

jerrymander

Veteran Member
TDI
f
The BBSes look good, but you need a stud conversion and some spacers.

Maybe I post too much on Vortex.

lina87

TDI
2015 Mk7 Golf Sportwagen TDI
really beautiful car I love the GL 2001 model.

Last edited: