Best 1/8 mile time in North america 4 cyl TDI

Syncrogreg

Vendor
TDI
2.0 TDI CR SWAP ALWAYS FOR SALE
Best 1/8 mile time in North America 4 cyl TDI

Hello just wanted to dig and see whats the best 1/8mile time in north America with 4 Cyl TDI ?
i ran a 7.39 sec @ 94.59mph I thought it was pretty amazing ;-)
Greg

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Trapping 94 mph in the 1/8 mile with a 4 banger tdi is pretty amazing! Get some video on the next visit to the track. Was that in your hill climb car?

Syncrogreg

Vendor
TDI
Trapping 94 mph in the 1/8 mile with a 4 banger tdi is pretty amazing! Get some video on the next visit to the track. Was that in your hill climb car?
Yes! i was spinning the 450 FT-LBS tq clutch so i was somewhat not full potential ;-)

i have received the Southbend clutch 600FT/LBS I should be able to be in the 6sec club i believe. Lets see this Sunday ;-)

the only go pro I have is a terrible run where i could not find 3rd:confused:

Greg

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
Greg,
are you going to be racing more this season? I will be out in TN, SC, NC and GA later this spring and I would like to see your car tear up the track? Is this your "street" car of a track specific build out?

Syncrogreg

Vendor
TDI
Greg,
are you going to be racing more this season? I will be out in TN, SC, NC and GA later this spring and I would like to see your car tear up the track? Is this your "street" car of a track specific build out?
I mostly use it once a year for Pikes Peak hill climb in June then Tail of the dragon in August and then local drag strip track 1/8 mile for testing some stuff ;-)

Yeah come see us at the track its fun to watch too ;-)

Greg

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
I mostly use it once a year for Pikes Peak hill climb in June then Tail of the dragon in August and then local drag strip track 1/8 mile for testing some stuff ;-)

Yeah come see us at the track its fun to watch too ;-)

Greg
Are you running pikes peak this year? A friend of mine has there a few times with some success. I would love to come and check out the race; just an excuse to put more miles on the car and see the country.

Syncrogreg

Vendor
TDI
Are you running pikes peak this year? A friend of mine has there a few times with some success. I would love to come and check out the race; just an excuse to put more miles on the car and see the country.
yes we are going this year with a very sick setup. we should be able to podium the Exhibition category since there is only a 2000 HP diesel CUmmins 5.9 truck ( OLD SMOKEY F1) that weight 6000 LBS and we were faster than them last year... and 2 other Rookies

the big surprise for this year is that we are hooking the DSG DQ500 with Wavetrac LSD... the trans should arrive in about a month its going to be tight but feasible ;-) it will have to move from longitudinal ( currently porsche Boxster trans) to the transverse position. our testing shows shift within 100 Miliseconds and able to hold my current torque of 510 ft lbs

Exenos

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf
I think you're on par with Andy2. I know he's done 11.5 in the quarter with a 7.xx 1/8th. I'd have to dig through that thread again to find the slip to be sure. Was your run on drag slicks?

Syncrogreg

Vendor
TDI
Thanks for digging numbers No it was on soft compound mixed tires

-Small update, the car is doing pretty amazing! the CUAA enigne is a beast and currently running a conservative tune with only 39PSI and 820C temps EGT'S
i was limited to put power due to spining the 450 FT-LBS clutch from Southbendclutch so they just sent me a 600 Ft-Lbs version! with that in place! ( hopefully today) i'll be able to use the 45PSI and 950C EGT tune @115 MG IQ

So im running the G25-550 from Garrett and it's solid!

the car does some low 7 runs on mild tune! im looking forward the 600 ft lbs clutch capabilities! probably be in the 6sec club :shock:

the beautiful 2.0 TDI EA288:

Favorite Pikes Peak Shot ;-)

Talk soon

Greg