Mileage To Date-How Many Months-Major Issues?

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
i took no offence just wasnt sure if TDI90 knew of my previous issues with VW and why it was an accomplishment for me. i think TDI and i are on good terms, are in my book anyways. Cheers TDI90 and thanks Tdiatlast for tring to calm any unsetteled waters.

I LOVE Spartanburg by the way !! No worries with eprater1 at all....

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
I have no problem with you, either, tdi90hp...just trying to keep your Canadian humor in check...
Hey...what are you doing over here anyway? You don't even OWN a 2012 Passat!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cruiser5

TDI
2012 Passat
Bought 2012 Passat TDI Premium in September of 2011

Love the car, have had no issues at all with 4,000 miles on the car. Getting 39 miles to the gallon with 70 percent highway miles so far.

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
I have no problem with you, either, tdi90hp...just trying to keep your Canadian humor in check...
Hey...what are you doing over here anyway? You don't even OWN a 2012 Passat!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how do you know?? I mAY H=have secretly traded the S60 and gotten a Passat......

gergg

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6M
how do you know?? I mAY H=have secretly traded the S60 and gotten a Passat....
Nah, you were like a teenager with a new girlfriend toward that S60, it will take a few months to come to your senses:D

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
Nah, you were like a teenager with a new girlfriend toward that S60, it will take a few months to come to your senses:D
ya you are right.....my little girlfriend is still pretty hot.....but she chews more benzine than my steady eddy who sleeps next to her.....S60 is averaging 9.2L/100kms and Golf is averaging 6.1 L/100....and I boot that little Golf relentlessly.....

Niner

duplicate account, banned
well considering i had a transmission go out on the '12 jetta TDI @ 800 miles it is a good thing. up to a little over 1100 now, still no issues. did my first full fill up today and averaged 48.7 mpg. initally it was a bit lower but had to account for my speedo being off by 2mph @ 65mph. i expect to be over 4k by the end of january and 45k at the end of 2012. gonna love my .55 cents per mile write off come tax season.
Lets see, your buddy took the jetta up to 119 mph just after you bought it, he was driving it home for you. Then your DSG with it's mechatronix malfunctioning wouldn't engage, and you floor the engine until it slams into second gear, and you wonder why the transmission went out.

I don't think your passat will last much longer, you'll be whining about something else on it crapping out soon enough.

eprater1

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI w/DSG(transmission failed w/800 miles on it) 2012 Passat SE w/Sunroof -65k traded in on 2013 Passat TDI SE w/Sunroof 2006 Ford F350 on 37's, few things deleted, little methanol injection, few things modded, few more filters added :)
if they didnt want it to be driven @ a certain speed too early they should have put in a system similar to bmw where u only get partial hp until x number of miles. the mechatronic malfunctioned/failed before i floored the engine not after. infact i had experienced the inital no shift problem 2 or 3 days prior to second occurance where i did push the car until it shifted. READ!!!! and it was 129 not 119.....READ!

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Wow...I guess, as someone's sig says, on a boat forum I belong to: "Never let common sense get in your way."

So, VWoA had to eat a reckless failure? and to think I defended you to tdi90hp...

We continue to wonder why some retailers refuse to accept a damaged item for return/exchange?

I don't have enough "10-foot-poles" in my house to keep all you...uh...unusual people away...you know who you are:eek:

Last edited:

eprater1

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI w/DSG(transmission failed w/800 miles on it) 2012 Passat SE w/Sunroof -65k traded in on 2013 Passat TDI SE w/Sunroof 2006 Ford F350 on 37's, few things deleted, little methanol injection, few things modded, few more filters added :)
Wow...I guess, as someone's sig says, on a boat forum I belong to: "Never let common sense get in your way."

So, VWoA had to eat a reckless failure? and to think I defended you to tdi90hp...

We continue to wonder why some retailers refuse to accept a damaged item for return/exchange?

I don't have enough "10-foot-poles" in my house to keep all you...uh...unusual people away...you know who you are:eek:
how is driving the vehicle @ a high rate of speed well within the opperating limits of the vehicle and when no breakin or inital use program guide is supplied to be assumed the cause of thefailure? i agree that it may not be a best practice but to assume the failure of a well documented problematic part was due to a short run up to high speed is steatching for the unknown just a bit. what would be the magic safe speed then? again i agree it may not be a best practice but there is no reason to assume the failure of the mechatronic is related to the speed run.
in fact the more i think about it how could it have been. when he started the acceleration we were already crusing @ about 80 mph so im not sure that it ever even downshifted (assuming it did at least one gear though.) the entire tranny didnt fail but rather the portion that controls the shifting. i never even used the manual shift feature until the day the problem occured (why bother with an automatic if your going to shift it.) now if a bearing in the tranny had failed due to not being given time to properly seat, tooth had bad wear due to whatever ....you get where im going. i just dont see how this one run would result in the failure of the mechatronic. please elaborate on your theorys of how this run caused the problem. if i had a failure of the HPFP would that too have been caused by the run???? i doubt it.

Last edited:

eprater1

Veteran Member
TDI

eprater1

Veteran Member
TDI
Abctdi is right, back on track! 3100 miles and no problems here. Love how well the hands free integration work, can change songs on pandora from the steering wheel.

Tragick

TDI
Passat 2012
I have about 2500 miles in 3 since Dec. 23, I've had check engine light come on twice due to low gear shift. I also hear the blue sloshing around alot. I an NY based attorney and beat Audi on a lemon law case with another attorney in my office 6 or so years ago. the key to winning the case was reports from the dealer reporting the same issue repeatedly. I hope no one ever needs that advice, but just in case. The sloshing sound does actually bug me quite a bit. I also had an issue with a whistling sound when i turned on the AC from the driver side front window vent.
Ed

paulpas

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE 6-Speed
500 miles, passengers side door rattle. 1st attempt did not fix it. It's as if they verify the problem, but not their solution.

abctdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat GLS
I have about 2500 miles in 3 since Dec. 23, I've had check engine light come on twice due to low gear shift. I also hear the blue sloshing around alot. I an NY based attorney and beat Audi on a lemon law case with another attorney in my office 6 or so years ago. the key to winning the case was reports from the dealer reporting the same issue repeatedly. I hope no one ever needs that advice, but just in case. The sloshing sound does actually bug me quite a bit. I also had an issue with a whistling sound when i turned on the AC from the driver side front window vent.
Ed
Turn up the tunes and drive more so you won't have the blues.:)

Last edited:

physicshogon

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Just FYI, for those of your going in soon for your 10k service...MAKE SURE THEY TOP OFF YOUR ADBLUE reservoir. They "forgot" to top mine off and I had to schedule an emergency go-in or my vehicle wouldn't start in 200 miles. Of course it's free if you're within the 36k miles of the warranty.

If you get to the point of having to do it yourself, don't buy the ADBLUE from the dealer b/c it's just plain expensive. The only advantage you get is their spill-proof bottles. You can get five gallons of the stuff from Sam's CLub for about $20...the only disadvantage being that you have to use a funnel and risk spillage--which can be a problem b/c the stuff is HIGHLY corrosive.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
How could they "forget", as it is basic to the 10k service. Where in Va are you?...just curious...

From the dealer:$13.50 per 2 1/2 gallons= $27.00 for a full tank of approx. 5 gallons.
It is NOT expensive. Buy it wherever you like.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
DEF at Pep Boys, No. VA: $18.99 for 2 1/2 gallons.
Stohlmans VW: No. VA: $13.50 for 2 1/2 gallons.

gergg

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6M
Anyone know if the DEF at Pilot/Flying J is OK? I've seen their ads for having it at the pump a lot lately
From what I have read it is all the same stuff.

poppytdi

TDI
2010 Jetta DSG , 2012 Passat SE DSG,1996 Dodge 3500,2005 GMC envoy XL
12,000 miles as of today all good so far.
Dealer said only took 1 bottle of urea (1.89 liters) to fill the tank at 10,000 mile service. I check the level with my vag com when I got home & it was full.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12,000 miles as of today all good so far.
Dealer said only took 1 bottle of urea (1.89 liters) to fill the tank at 10,000 mile service. I check the level with my vag com when I got home & it was full.
Wow...I thought VWoA's estimate for DEF use was 12-15k miles...5 gallons. You used 2 1/2 gal. in 12k, so you could, with similar driving habits, have gone 24k miles?

I would think, based on the VWoA info, that your dealer would have checked the system to see if it's functioning correctly?

Interesting...of course...for all of us...YMMV...

gergg

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6M
Wow...I thought VWoA's estimate for DEF use was 12-15k miles...5 gallons. You used 2 1/2 gal. in 12k, so you could, with similar driving habits, have gone 24k miles?
Sounds like he only used 1.89 liters over 10,000 miles, isn't that just over 1/2 gallon, so that equates to 5 gallons DEF at just under 100,000 miles?

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gergg...of course...you'r correct. Don't know how I could have been off so much...maybe it was the laughter about TomB thinking he's going to get his car this Friday...

Now I'm even more convinced that poppytdi's car isn't functioning as designed...

Poppy: Double-check your numbers if you have time? curious minds want to know...

gergg

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6M
Gergg...of course...you'r correct. Don't know how I could have been off so much...maybe it was the laughter about TomB thinking he's going to get his car this Friday...
Now that was funny!