2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ Scamp 13'

William J

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagon TDI
My 2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI pulling my 2010 Scamp 13' Travel Trailer. I use a 1 1/4" Drawbar w/ a Weight Distributing Hitch. On level ground with no headwind I will get 30+ mpg at 55 mph!:)

svanmatr

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS 04 PD wagon. beige, tiptronic
Ditto "need the pictures". Do you have plenty o power? Manual or automatic? What brand hitch and where did you have it installed?

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
heck of a lot better than my F350 with a truck camper.. 14 MPG.

Anna Müll

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen / 2013 Beetle Convertible
My 2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI pulling my 2010 Scamp 13' Travel Trailer. I use a 1 1/4" Drawbar w/ a Weight Distributing Hitch. On level ground with no headwind I will get 30+ mpg at 55 mph!:)
I also have a JSW and a 13 foot Scamp. After getting the CURT trailer installed, I went to U-Haul to have the wiring installed. Immediately after installation the glowplug light started flashing and the check-engine light came on, and the JSW went into "limp" mode.

After taking it to the repair shop to get the computer reset (thinking that was all it would take) the glowplug light and the check-engine light keep coming back on.

The on-board computer is showing an intermittent turbo something or other fault.

Vanna, I'd like to buy a clue:confused:

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
I went to U-Haul to have the wiring installed. This is your problem right there.

Anna Müll

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen / 2013 Beetle Convertible
possibly all a terrible coincidence... There was a vacuum hose broken

all ist klar

will be towing the 13-foot Scamp to the coast this weekend!