lock doors with drivers door lock

joedirt

TDI
2012 tdi jetta
anyone know if there is a way to lock all doors with the drivers side door lock when the door is open?
it drives me nuts that when I park I have to get out, close the door then reach for my fob and lock the doors that way

this is on my 2012 jetta tdi/premium

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
IIRC, I'm not sure that you can lock any car with electronic locks when the driver's door is still open. Why would VW be different?

If you're getting out of the car, you're also shutting the ignition off and removing the key fob. So why not just close the door and hit the key fob lock button instead of putting key away somewhere?

I'm assuming your Premium doesn't have the touch un/locking front door handles. My '14 Premium does (also has KESSY).

joedirt

TDI
2012 tdi jetta
IIRC, I'm not sure that you can lock any car with electronic locks when the driver's door is still open. Why would VW be different?

If you're getting out of the car, you're also shutting the ignition off and removing the key fob. So why not just close the door and hit the key fob lock button instead of putting key away somewhere?

I'm assuming your Premium doesn't have the touch un/locking front door handles. My '14 Premium does (also has KESSY).

im used to my truck (2017 f150) I can turn off the ignition and pull the keys out, open the door, hit the lock button and shut the door and its all locked...vw wont do that once the key is off and door is opened