fuse #14 blows and ccm issues

buck toenges

TDI
jettas, golfs, beetles
I have a 2000 vw tdi beetle. Have had it a very long time. I don't drive it much. My current problem is that the power door windows don't work and fuse #14 always blows. My door locks buttons work on both the driver side and passenger side. The fuel door opens with the button on the driver side. The rear hatch button does not work.

I proceeded to take off the inner door panel on driver side and disconnected the various switches. The #14 fuse still blew. I then disconnected the 2 dome lights that sit by the b pillars behind the doors up toward the top. fuse #14 still blew. I disconnected the 3 wiring harness connectors down on the kick panel behind the hood release (a blue one, a tan one and a black one) The fuse still blew.

I then disconnected the blue wiring harness connector to the ccm and then #14 fuse did not blow. I have not looked at the passenger door yet.

So I am thinking that either my ccm or switches on passenger side door or wiring harness somewhere is causing the fuse blow out. Anybody have ideas on what I should do next?

Thanks,
Buck

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
pull back the accordion boot on the door, typical for things to brake in there!

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
^^^^^^that^^^^^^
Also the CCM could be bad.
The most common issue is worn/broken wires shorting out causing the fuse to blow.
Second is an internal short in a module, or just bad module.

Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
Door jam can be it (mentioned above), bare wires inside it. -maybe- other door also.

You also indicated "The rear hatch button does not work"
Not sure if the hatch has wires going inside it but may be part of it.

Last edited: