Gen 2 fix question

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Folks,

I have not read this anywhere yet, but the answer could be out there.

Friend with 2013 Passat DSG (not manual), it belonged to his brother and brother did not meet the deadline for the fix/restitution. Car is having the dreaded DEF tank empty and won't start as it needs (prolly a nox sensor and new heater/controls in the tank).

I was talking with local vw dealer tech last week, and he indicated that if the car didn't meet the deadline, he thought it could still come in for the fix, is this true?

Understand that he would not get any restitution money, but if this is true, then would the extended emissions warranty still apply?

thanks for any help,

Kirk

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
All cars are eligible for the fix, take it in. But they may not fix your current issue or perform the fix until it is repaired and running correctly. This was the case when some had issues with their dpf/egr and were told to fix it first then they would do the fix and it would then be under warranty. Mine was just in for the adblue tank replacement at 19k miles.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
Vw issued a service action to replace the ad blue heater, separate of the emissions modification, i would check with a dealer to see if it has been done on the car.