Cigarette Fuse

tntdi1

TDI
2011 jetta
2011 Jetta TDI, blown cigarette lighter fuse, not in the book, not on fuse panel, I spoke with 2 Dealers in middle TN, and they said they would need a few hours, to probe test the fuse panel. I've been all over the internet as well. Any help as to the location of the fuse, would be appreciated.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Isn't there a diagram on the fuse panel door for each separate fuse? Look for a cigarette burning symbol; #41 on my 05 Golf. Mine is a 15 amp fuse which would always be blue, red is for 10 amp, etc.

jetta211

TDI
2011 jetta tdi
I would also like to know the answer to this question.

OP, if you find out from one of the dealers please let me know.

If anyone knows please help us out!!!! Thanks.

RT1

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf 1.9 TDI w/tiptronic 09A
Get thee to the local car ware store and get the little probe fuse tester that's made specifically to test the staple type fuses. I've read enough on this subject to conclude that VW never liked to use the same fuse pattern twice and with these staple fuses it's sometimes tough to see the melted element. It won't take you but a few minutes to test them all and you won't have to pull any but the one that's bad.

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
Before removing ANY fuses from the panel, take a picture!!!! In the manual for my Eos, there are no less than 3 different versions for the fuse panel. Just to give you another example of the VW mindset - look at this thread here for a Passat http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=2533668#post2533668 Notice that there are multiple fuses hidden away with the relays behind panels.

arne487

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf TDI, '10 TDI Cup Jetta
Can't you just remove the fuses one at a time and inspect them for a break (either visually or by checking resistance with a multimeter)?

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
2011 Jetta TDI, blown cigarette lighter fuse, not in the book, not on fuse panel, I spoke with 2 Dealers in middle TN, and they said they would need a few hours, to probe test the fuse panel. I've been all over the internet as well. Any help as to the location of the fuse, would be appreciated.
Are you serious? A few HOURS to replace the cigarette lighter fuse?

I'm stunned...

tntdi1

TDI
2011 jetta
RT1, you got it !

Get thee to the local car ware store and get the little probe fuse tester that's made specifically to test the staple type fuses. I've read enough on this subject to conclude that VW never liked to use the same fuse pattern twice and with these staple fuses it's sometimes tough to see the melted element. It won't take you but a few minutes to test them all and you won't have to pull any but the one that's bad.
Thanks, it only took 5 min's. I didn't know you could check them without pulling them.It's in the 2nd row up from the bottom, 10th one in from the right side, 20 Amp, the tester cost $8.00 from Autozone.

Thank again.
(And I thought my Vet was hard to work on )
Jon

TorontoDan

TDI
2011 jetta
This 2019 and I used this info to find and replace my cig ltr fuse. This exact model and fuse position. Thanks