well, drat. my front right marker light/ "turn signal" fell off; need a replacement!

Phi1osopher

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 B4V TDI Passat Wagon
well, drat. my front right marker light/ "turn signal" fell off; need a replacement!

Well... I guess these things happen! My front-right marker light/ "turn signal" randomly fell out. I guess the little springy tab thing failed.... I got home from driving 150 miles of errands to discover a sad, lonely little wire dangling out of the hole...
Does anyone have one to sell, or a suggestion as to where I could find one? I've spent more than 5 hours scouring the internet and am not sure where I can get one?? And I am not willing to pay some ridiculous $100+ from the dealer..
I need this one, but it's not my car..

thanks!

Phi1osopher

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 B4V TDI Passat Wagon
Some eBay listings say that the B3 and some of the B5 markers can be interchanged, but that seems unlikely to me. Can anyone offer any feedback on interchanges?
I've also seen what seems like after market all in one assemblies that include headlights? I AM interested in some of the glass-faced Euro spec HELLA headlights, but after also spending maybe 5 hours searching for those too, I have not had any luck..

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
I think those are still available new. 3A0945071 and 3A0945072. I bought a couple sets a couple years ago.

B3 and B5 stuff won’t work.

-Todd