Sanity check on vacuum mods for the TDI swap.

dubCanuck1

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, MKII/2002 ALH TDI (In progress)
OK, so since I won't be going with an EGR or antishudder flap on the TDI swap project, I took the time to modify the diagram that the Bentley provided.

Normally, with the EGR setup, there are two check valves that are inserted into T-junctions in the line. I simply removed them all. Please have a peek and let me know if you see any problems with it.

The one thing I'm not sure. The stock air box has a line coming out of it and going up to the N75. Should I be tapping a connector into the intake hose as illustrated? From the original Bentley diagram, I get the feeling that those lower connections are to dump excess air back into the intake system.

Last edited:

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
I used fish air hose filter on that line. Now that I think about it my SLC airbox might have a port that I can use, But I have having extra vacume lines so I will probably keep using the fish filter.

What did you do about the anti-shutter valve and EGR hoses? I left the other N-75 looking thing in the car and left it pluged in and just capped off the vacume ports.

dubCanuck1

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, MKII/2002 ALH TDI (In progress)
Well, for the wife's car, I kept the antishudder valve. For this, I'm not hooking one up at all, so the vacuum setup is drastically simpler.​

simbatheking

TDI
01 jetta
hey i i have a question about this diagram. are the lines connected from the vacuum res. to the master cyl where they cross? at that tee, it looks like they are drawn as they are not connected, but i would assume that all those lines are connected.