www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > South Central Regional States

South Central Regional States Local discussions for those on the South Central US. (Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas)

Old September 19th, 2018, 22:50   #196
zleem60
Veteran Member

Thumbs up Cluster Still Good!!

So Marin said to send him my Cluster and he would diagnose it before I go and buy a new/ used one. My car was cranking over once and it would stop. I've sent Marin the Cluster from my 06 Jetta TDI. As soon as he received it. He was able to hook up and bench test it and the cluster would power up. The next thing he did he hooked it up to his car and it would power up and everything worked. So he suggested I checked the power/ ground/ 12v wire. Which he was able to provide what wires they were so I can check the wiring when I got the Cluster back from him. With his direction on where to test the wiring, my mechanic and I was able to figure out one of the fuse was plugged into the wrong slot. The cluster was not getting any power so the immobilizer wouldn't allow the car to keep running. He didn't charge me anything other than the shipping charge back to me. I did send additional funds to him but it was no where enough for the time he spent to help me out.
Marin is a Great Mechanic and I really trust that he will do the best he can to help you out!!
Thanks Marin. You're one of a kind!!. Now I just need to get good tunes so my 06 Jetta is not a Freight Train when I put the pedal to the metal .
By the way Marin, Can you do Custom tune for 06 Jetta TDI if I gave you all the upgrades I've done to my car??

Thanks,

Mike in Queen Creek, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetta ,97 View Post
Check your Private message , I sent you one.
It is possible that cluster is bad .
Thanks
zleem60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2018, 17:52   #197
drum4iam

TDI(s): '02 Golf
Fuel Economy: 48 miles / gallon

do you know anyone who works on tdi in south Dallas ? my number is 972-816-1944
drum4iam@aircanopy.net
drum4iam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2018, 10:30   #198
tikal
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 37 MPG (~ 45% city)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drum4iam View Post
do you know anyone who works on tdi in south Dallas ? my number is 972-816-1944
drum4iam@aircanopy.net
You can also check here:

Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State
tikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2019, 19:46   #199
Moparjr89

I have a 2006 jetta brm with an immbolizer issue, car will start for one second then shut off and the immbolizer light is blinking, how much to help me get it fixed? I am willing to ship you the cluster and key if needed to fix the issue.
Moparjr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2019, 22:01   #200
TDIintheSkys

Marin -

I'm emailing you this:

Saga of the 2014 JSW SEL TDI parking brake warning light and 5 minute LOUD warning chime (that resets every time I come to a complete stop, so no, I can't live with it) continues... Ok, after hours of analysis, ripping out the center console and front seat, VW of Palm Springs (great people and service, btw). Has ascertained that....
The problem is not the hand brake sensor, not the brake fluid sensor or the wiring... My instrument cluster must have a short or the board must be bad. Problem is, doesn't appear you can just disconnect the parking brake wire to the cluster because it's already getting the correct signal and still malfunctioning!
So, does anyone have a solution short of buying a new instrument cluster and re-coding it? (dealer did give a quote of $725 for parts & labor, but I don't want to spend that on a car w/143k miles on it, if I can avoid it). I'm stuck! Thanks...
TDIintheSkys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2019, 08:25   #201
jetta ,97

Fuel Economy: Very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIintheSkys View Post
Marin -

I'm emailing you this:

Saga of the 2014 JSW SEL TDI parking brake warning light and 5 minute LOUD warning chime (that resets every time I come to a complete stop, so no, I can't live with it) continues... Ok, after hours of analysis, ripping out the center console and front seat, VW of Palm Springs (great people and service, btw). Has ascertained that....
The problem is not the hand brake sensor, not the brake fluid sensor or the wiring... My instrument cluster must have a short or the board must be bad. Problem is, doesn't appear you can just disconnect the parking brake wire to the cluster because it's already getting the correct signal and still malfunctioning!
So, does anyone have a solution short of buying a new instrument cluster and re-coding it? (dealer did give a quote of $725 for parts & labor, but I don't want to spend that on a car w/143k miles on it, if I can avoid it). I'm stuck! Thanks...
Email reply back to you few days ago.

Thanks.
ECU TUNING-TDTUNING Authorized Dealer
MK6 Needle Sweep,MK5 with MK6 Cluster
jetta ,97 is offline   Reply With Quote