Group2.2 SUV 3.0 Post Fix Impressions

Romulox

TDI
2010 Golf TDI DSG - Bought Back
Hello,
I am considering a 2015-2016 Touareg. How did this 2.2 SUV sub-generation perform after the fix?
Thanks

Zawurah

Veteran Member
TDI
I don't have a 2015+ 3.0, but my 2013 3.0 fix has been horrible.

Decreased fuel economy, rough idle, poor shift quality, very high AdBlue usage, decreased power (especially torque), loud engine operation.

On top of that, I don't think it's a reliable fix because my vehicles have already needed service for emission control systems.

Anyone try bringing their vehicle to a Dyno, to see what the actual power reduction is? It's said that a difference in power can be felt with a 10% change. Well, it's much more than 10% because my Porsche cayenne felt fast, and now it feels sluggish and slow. I'm sure it's much more than what VW/Audi/Porsche claim.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
My dad has a fixed 15 and he has no complaints. We have a fixed 14, no complaints.

Slightly decreased MPG and they seem to hold gears quite a bit longer to get warmed up more quickly. Other than that, cool!

DieselQ5

TDI
Mine is a '14 Q5. I have had the fix for nearly a year and I am very satisfied. The power is still there, no extra noise and economy dropped by 1 or 2 mpg tops. I can still get over 30 HWY