Lock trouble - Where's "auxiliary relay panel" located?

bluegraphite

TDI
JettaWgn5spd 2005 bluegraphite; 2000 Jetta TDI GLS
Where is the " auxiliary thirteenfold relay panel" located? In the dash someplace? :confused: (It's a 2000 Jetta)
The Bentley manual points to a problem with the "convenience systems w/ power windows", or something like that. I'm wondering if there is a fuse on that relay panel that burned out. It's driving me crazy! Here are the symptoms:
My remote doorlock, power lock button, domelight, anti-theft system, etc are all dead, and I'm not sure where to start looking for the root cause. First sign of trouble was a "trunk open" dash light, a minute later I discovered the trunk won't even open with the key, then the other systems listed above go AWOL.
Could a failure of the mechanical linkage between the trunk lock switch and the unlock motor screw things up like this? Or might one of the wiring harness terminal blocks near the trunk have become unplugged?
And, oh yeah - how can I open the trunk to remove the interior panel to work on it ? (no inside handle on this year!)

Rydogx13

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Golf TDI
bluegraphite said:
how can I open the trunk to remove the interior panel to work on it ? (no inside handle on this year!)
Try using the key. My trunk lock acuator went out and I thought I was screwed because the key didn't seem to work either. After some messin with it, I found it would open if I turned the key all the way to the right and keep it there while I pulled the handle.

:confused:UH, Does a Jetta even have an outside handle?:confused:
Sorry, I have a Golf. Disreguard if the Jetta is different.:confused:

bluegraphite

TDI
JettaWgn5spd 2005 bluegraphite; 2000 Jetta TDI GLS
Thanks compu_85! Is the relay panel the same unit referred to as J393 on the wiring diagrams?
And thanks rydog, but I had no joy with the key. The Jetta feels like it has some sort of exterior touch-switch under a rubber pad, just above the lic plate. Looks like I'll be crawling into the trunk from the backseat.
Just to correct something I said above; the power lock switch on the armrest is fine, but the power window switches are all dead. I can roll the windows up and down together with the key in the door. A tad inconvenient!