SC - TDI GTG - 7th Annual Midlands Biofuels/Green Energy Biofuel - June 23, 2018

BioJoe

TDI
Toureag 09
Have any planes for June 23, 2018?

Well now you do!

It is time for everyone to fuel up and make your way to the 7th Annual Midlands Biofuels/Green Energy Biofuel GTG.

Beside Shell Gas Station & across the street from the Wilson Dealership. You can’t miss us!

Time: 8:00am – 5:00pm (Until the fun ends)

BIOJOE says:
Food : TBD lunch item. Please bring any complimentary sides you'd like to share.
I'll spray Side lot for mosquitoes again this year.
There's a car lift inside the plant and plenty of room to work on cars on the concrete as well as in the shaded grass areas beside the plant.
Pop Up Tents and bag chairs are always welcome.
A/C inside and 2 bath rooms with changing room.
Gas station next door if you need extra drinks and snacks.
I will be giving several tours during the day. We have retooled the entire Biodiesel plant to add methanol recovery and have eliminated water washing to purify fuel and now purify via Centrifuge! We have added over 20,000 gallons of process tanks, covered work area and filtration, as well as a new waste oil boiler that uses anything from motor oil to veggie oil to heat the plant.
COME DONATE YOUR WASTE COOKING OIL!!! Please DO NOT bring any used motor oil!!

Email biojoe@gebiofuel.com or call 803-718-4727 if u need anything.

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Corrado TDI, 2000 Golf, 1996 B4 Variant
I will definitely be there. I can bring an injector pop tester if anyone wants to use it. Thanks for setting this up, Joe!

MorganR

TDI
2001 Jetta Sedan Reflex Silver
Hoping to be able to make it down, this would be my first GTG. Looking forward to it.

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
I love bringing the Corrado to GTG but I might bring the Beetle instead so I can pull a 4x8 trailer to get some stuff up in the Piedmont. Still cool, right? I can load up on bio too!

308remdlm

TDI
03 Jetta, 05 NB, 06 Jetta
I am planning on attending, bringing an 03 jetta, (new addition to fleet), might bring herbie also, and yes houpty, it is still cool to drive a bug(as long as it is a TDI). I may need to pull the injectors on the 03, TerryTDI is bringing his tools to do so, and houpty is bringing the pop tester, so it sounds like a good time to change the nozzles out. Thanks Joe for hosting this GTG. Is there anything we can bring to eat or drink?

I have some grey leather seats(heated), wheels/tires (tires are shot) and grey trim molding if anyone needs something. we are doing an interior swap on the 03 jetta.

DLM308REM.

See ya there!

Last edited:

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
I just realized that this GTG is happening on the 5th day before the 104th anniversary of the assassination of Arch Duke Franz Ferdinand. Obviously, this is not a coincidence!

On a side note, I should also have a shim set so we could adjust pilot and primary pressures with the pop testers. Something new.

Last edited:

GCBUG00

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Beetle
That's a cookie duster stash for sure.

I'll bring a world famous Drip-o-lator and make a nice sized pot 'o joe.

And my commuting road warrior Bug.

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI
Not sure what I've got going on that day, nor do I have any old TDIs anymore. Not a far drive though.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I made your thread a sticky, but I also removed your numerous cross-posts in other threads about this event.

I hope you all have great weather this year! :cool:

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI
I made your thread a sticky, but I also removed your numerous cross-posts in other threads about this event.

I hope you all have great weather this year! :cool:
Thanks. You got to that before I bumped this back to the top of the rest.

Cha2ga

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 JSW
Anyone available to help me change rear axle bushings on a 00 beetle? I have the replacement cupra bushings, bolts, and press. I can bring whatever needed. I have no idea how to tackle this by myself at home.

BioJoe

TDI
Toureag 09
Reminder: Tdi-gtg

It is the week we all have been waiting for! Ready to see everyone out on Saturday, June 23, 2018.

It is time for everyone to fuel up and make your way to the 7th Annual Midlands Biofuels/Green Energy Biofuel GTG.

Beside Shell Gas Station & across the street from the Wilson Dealership. You can’t miss us!

Time: 8:00am – 5:00pm (Until the fun ends)

BIOJOE says:
Food : TBD lunch item. Please bring any complimentary sides you'd like to share.
I'll spray Side lot for mosquitoes again this year.
There's a car lift inside the plant and plenty of room to work on cars on the concrete as well as in the shaded grass areas beside the plant.
Pop Up Tents and bag chairs are always welcome.
A/C inside and 2 bath rooms with changing room.
Gas station next door if you need extra drinks and snacks.
I will be giving several tours during the day. We have retooled the entire Biodiesel plant to add methanol recovery and have eliminated water washing to purify fuel and now purify via Centrifuge! We have added over 20,000 gallons of process tanks, covered work area and filtration, as well as a new waste oil boiler that uses anything from motor oil to veggie oil to heat the plant.
COME DONATE YOUR WASTE COOKING OIL!!! Please DO NOT bring any used motor oil!!

Email biojoe@gebiofuel.com or call 803-718-4727 if u need anything.

Last edited:

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Joe, I rounded up the participation of 2 tdiclub stragglers for the GTG. Getting pretty excited!

I won't have the shims to adjust pressures though. I can only do the regular pop check and maybe the primary pressure.

308remdlm

TDI
Houpty, the injector seals came in today! I bought 8!
We may have a Mercedes and a big Cummings show up also!
Packed and waiting for 0430!

See y’all there!

AlcoC420

Veteran Member
TDI
I enjoyed my visit today and thanks BioJoe for setting the event in motion and for your preparations. We no longer own our TDI, but it was nice to see what everyone is up to. I'm glad that I was able to find a yellow Beetle owner to accept my small scale model replica. I didn't want to throw it away and am glad that it now has an appreciative home. :)

GCBUG00

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Beetle
BioJoe

Thanks for hosting and still kinda scratching my head over your company and turning waste into $$ and growing. I'll never see a Tiki torch the same again.

Keep growing Joe.

That was my first observer situation with injector R&R and new nozzles. Almost looks doable if I get the need. BTW if you get a chance to watch a pop off as Houpty GT demo'd film it in slo mo on your camera. You'll be impressed.

And the better half was grinning over the Yellow Bug desk model AlcoC420 gave me, going on my show and tell shelf at the office tomorrow.

Gary

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
That GTG was awesome. It was an itch that needed scratching and that felt really good. Thanks Joe! It was great seeing everybody also! I am glad I helped with the nozzles.

Alco, if you come across any valuable, collector, Corrado models that your daughter has selectively hidden away, please send them my way.

308remdlm

TDI
6-23-18 Winnsboro SC GTG

Hey all, good to see everyone again at this meet. Thanks BIOJOE for hosting this event. Thanks Houpty for sharing your experience with injectors and pop testing on our injectors, it is definitely snapper. I performed a brake job on my herbie Sunday, I think I got your worn drivers side pad beat with my passenger side pad. I have a pix of it.

Last edited:

AlcoC420

Veteran Member
TDI
… Alco, if you come across any valuable, collector, Corrado models that your daughter has selectively hidden away, please send them my way.
Will do! :) Man, that's a beautiful model you have there.

Mattel's Hot Wheels makes a Golf MK7 which I've casually looked for in stores without luck. I'm not a collector, so would likely strip its paint and airbrush it in Tornado Red to match ours.