Central Florida

papasmurf

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 jetta tdi, 2004 passat sedan tdi, 2005 passat wagon tdi , 2005 passat sedan tdi
Where are all the central Florida/ Tampa people at? I think a little gtg would be great.

JettaJedi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GL 5 spd, 2003 Jetta TDI GL 4dr 5 spd, 2017 Golf TSI Wolfsburg Edition
Where are all the central Florida/ Tampa people at? I think a little gtg would be great.
I live in southwest FLA :D but would be willing to meet.
BTW, anyone know of a good TDI mechanic(s) between Naples and Tampa ?

Have 2 2003 TDIs in family that need a little TLC. One has 275K (wagon) and the other has 75K (sedan - yep that's not a typo...)

SailTAP300

TDI
2015 Passat TDI-SE w/ Sunroof; and 2006 Jetta TDI Pkg 1
TDI Mechanic in Fort Myers FL

Hey All: I've been going to Gil at Prestige Foreign Car Repair on Metro Parkway in Fort Myers for many years. He really knows TDIs extremely well and is as honest as the day is long. I highly recommend him!

swetbak

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon, 2010 BMW 335d
I live in southwest FLA :D but would be willing to meet.
BTW, anyone know of a good TDI mechanic(s) between Naples and Tampa ?

Have 2 2003 TDIs in family that need a little TLC. One has 275K (wagon) and the other has 75K (sedan - yep that's not a typo...)
I can help with some basic stuff.
VAP motorsports on Fowler in Ft myers works on these. He isn't cheap, but I assume better that dealer.
Also can try Prestige Foreign car repair on Metro Pkwy in Ft. Myers.

jmasciulli

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 VW Golf TDI S DSG, 2004 VW Golf GLS TDI (sold 2014)
I'm in Winter Garden. I just got back into the club with a 2015 Golf I bought this past Monday. BTW, has anyone used VW Euroworks in Winter Garden? I need a DSG service.

Here's my new baby.

Here's my old baby, the Blue Beast. She went to a good home.

I'm somewhat new to the area. We moved to Winter Garden after I finished my military career.

tjpeterson96

TDI
04 bew jetta
I'm in Winter Garden. I just got back into the club with a 2015 Golf I bought this past Monday. BTW, has anyone used VW Euroworks in Winter Garden? I need a DSG service.
I have always gone to Jason's Bug Ranch. they are great guys, very upfront and fair with prices. its right down the street from Budget U-Pull it. I've also been to Euroworks once, they are both literally right on the other side of highway 50 from each other, but i prefer the Bug Ranch. They are usually pretty busy, which i take as a good thing :D

Last edited:

steelersvt

TDI
2009 jetta sportwagen
I'm in Palm Harbor, always travel for disc golf. Haven't gotten my car neutered yet by the dealer, still unsure of keeping it and getting all the small stuff fixed (rear shocks, etc) or giving it up. been waffling for a year now...!

jerm

TDI
'15 Jetta SEL
Anyone in Tampa have vcds? The vortex map is wayyy outdated!

steelersvt

TDI
2009 jetta sportwagen
Im in Palm Harbor/Tarpon Springs area. Need a vcds and def wonder if anyone local has experience in removing the front bumper to replace a head lamp assembly.
Anyone disc golf too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krink

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen, 2015 Toureg (Wife's)
Oldsmar here. Have diesel, will travel. If someone wants to take charge, maybe piggyback another car club event. Why reinvent the wheel.

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
I now live in Homosassa- just purchased a '13 Jetta Sportwagen after selling my '09 JSW and my daughter's '13 Passat in the buyback. Currently having my work done by Scott Krout in Jax.

mking

TDI
2015 Passat SE 6sp
gainesville here, just picked up my 2nd TDI. Always travelling around fl for work.

mensor

TDI
‘15 GSW TDI
Forum noob in Naples. ‘15 GSW TDI getting the slow but certain R/GTD treatment (aesthetically for now anyway). Have OBDeleven if any nearby need some code :)

mensor

TDI
‘15 GSW TDI
Thinking about Fort Myers Cars n Coffee 3/3/19 @ Porsche of Ft. Myers. Could go for a cruise to FMB after or something if some of ya want to start a SWFL dieseldub thing. (Sorry for the central FL thread hijack... we could move SW to a new thread if it please the group)

PacketHauler

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta SportWagen TDI 6M, 2013 Jetta TDI DSG w/ Prem (retired)
Completely forgot this thread was here. Been back in the TDI club for the past 4 months, out on the Space Coast, in the Rockledge/Melbourne area. :cool:

papasmurf

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 jetta tdi, 2004 passat sedan tdi, 2005 passat wagon tdi , 2005 passat sedan tdi
Im the most central to everyone but I can go either direction

Romer7

TDI
2002 VW Jetta TDI Sedan
Hey there i am in Jacksonville as well. looking for some help with a Limp mode issue on my TDI!

David

MattRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE TDI, 2014 Beetle TDI, 1981 Rabbit Diesel
Since we lost Full Throttle of Orlando last year, is there anyone in Central Florida we can trust with TDIs? Once my mk7 and my wife's Beetle are out of warranty, I'm going to need someone to do timing belts/etc on these things.

PacketHauler

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta SportWagen TDI 6M, 2013 Jetta TDI DSG w/ Prem (retired)
Since we lost Full Throttle of Orlando last year, is there anyone in Central Florida we can trust with TDIs? Once my mk7 and my wife's Beetle are out of warranty, I'm going to need someone to do timing belts/etc on these things.

I take my car to Melbourne Motorsports. The owner has a MK6 TDI SportWagen just like me. Prices are extremely reasonable for the work they do.

MattRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE TDI, 2014 Beetle TDI, 1981 Rabbit Diesel
I take my car to Melbourne Motorsports. The owner has a MK6 TDI SportWagen just like me. Prices are extremely reasonable for the work they do.
I would totally go there, except it's almost an hour and a half from where I live/work. I'm hoping for something a little more 'local'.