what is wrong with my car???

Leedogg

Veteran Member
TDI
Present: 05 Passat TDI Past: 06 Jetta TDI
13,200 miles and no problems yet!!! what am I supposed to do? Should I take it back to the dealer? The crusher?:D :D

Everyone seems to post their bad luck. The only thing wrong with my car right now is the airbag light is on...cuz the morons at Best Buy broke the clip for the driver seat when the removed it putting in my Subs. The dealer ordered the piece during my last oil change and are going to fix it during the next oil change for free.

Just don't know what to do with the poorly built car.:p

hagar

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 white Jetta 5sp & 2006 Mercedes CDI
You can always fill it up with gas if you are that desperate to break something...;)

Leedogg

Veteran Member
TDI
Prolly what it'll take...maybe I got a good one.;)

Figured every once in a while we need to remind newbies that not every VW collapses upon delivery.LOL

engineerorange

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta
Leedogg said:
13,200 miles and no problems yet!!! what am I supposed to do? Should I take it back to the dealer? The crusher?:D :D

Everyone seems to post their bad luck. The only thing wrong with my car right now is the airbag light is on...cuz the morons at Best Buy broke the clip for the driver seat when the removed it putting in my Subs. The dealer ordered the piece during my last oil change and are going to fix it during the next oil change for free.

Leedog, when you find out what is wrong with yours, let me know. I have a B5.5 with 25K miles and an A5 Jetta with over 3K miles and neither one of them have broken yet. I knew I should have bought a japanese car.

obailey

I want to join in with the LOVE for My VW TDI. Yeah its been in the shop a handful of times, but with 25K on it in a year..I'm happy. Okay so the little plastic covering for the door light keeps falling off.:rolleyes: Oh wait.. I do need a new middle console vent for the backseat, the kids kicked it in. :eek: I do not plan on trading my jetta anytime soon, okay maybe for a rabbit TDI :D hey a girl can hope, right?

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
Lee, take it to the local dealer, they will find something wrong with it. Or make something wrong with it.

You probably need to sell it so you can fix something/everything on a new vehicle everyweek. You could also get used to paying $100 to fill up the fuel tank every week...I do miss those days, boy were those the good ol'days.

Joshinthecity

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Golf C'fortline 1.9 TDI 6-speed
This is a good post.

55,000klm on my TDI Golf V.
perfection.
I'm in love with it,

so.. obviously I will now trade it for a Prius.

j.

scknight

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI 6MT
obailey,
me also, same plastic covering on door falling off and rear vent in console broken by back seat drivers, LOL. Good news, the plastic door covering was fixed free by the dealer, I think it was a service bulletin- worth a phone call no?

nu-to-vw

TDI
06 jetta
Leedogg said:

Better check out the lemon laws in Alabama, I'm in the same boat you are, and I'm starting to wonder why I purchased the darn thing in the first place. The car hasn't allowed me to get on a first name basis with the dealer service manager, I don't get to rant about VWoA, I hardly ever get to stop at the filling station for fuel, I'm just beside myself and I can't take it any more. Let me know if you find a remedy for this problem.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
My (&(^&* car is not perfect! WAAAAHHHHAAHHHHHAAWWWAAAA!:rolleyes:

My armrest latch broke and the dealer fixed it for free, then he had the

GALL to tell me if it broke anymore He would keep fixing it until the

warranty period was up...... THE BASTIDS!!!!:p

I be Happy here!:D :D :D

Bill

obailey

Yeah its been in once for it already. I'm going to fix it myself this time. The dealer might not be able to duplicate the issue, even if i walked in with the cover in my hand :rolleyes:

scknight said:
obailey,
me also, same plastic covering on door falling off and rear vent in console broken by back seat drivers, LOL. Good news, the plastic door covering was fixed free by the dealer, I think it was a service bulletin- worth a phone call no?

MPGeez!

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Black TDI 5M PK2
I don't want to make light of the real problems others have faced, but I had a situation this afternoon that gave me a chuckle. And a little levity now and then doesn't hurt. I left the eye doctor's office and noticed my clutch pedal wasn't releasing right away. I'd shift and the pedal would hang near the floor. I thought, "Oh $#$%, my clutch is $%&^*@--up." Then looked down and noticed it was getting caught on my floor mat. :eek:

shaolin

Veteran Member
TDI
Soon to Come - 2006 Platinum Grey Jetta, DSG & Package 0
nu-to-vw said:
Better check out the lemon laws in Alabama, I'm in the same boat you are, and I'm starting to wonder why I purchased the darn thing in the first place. The car hasn't allowed me to get on a first name basis with the dealer service manager, I don't get to rant about VWoA, I hardly ever get to stop at the filling station for fuel, I'm just beside myself and I can't take it any more. Let me know if you find a remedy for this problem.
Check out the lemon law, they probably will swap a 2.5 gaser with you free of charge.:rolleyes:

Joshinthecity

Veteran Member
TDI
Joshinthecity said:
This is a good post.
55,000klm on my TDI Golf V.
perfection.
I'm in love with it,
so.. obviously I will now trade it for a Prius.
j.
UPDATE:
Great plumes of white smoke and loss of power after a 1 hr stint on the freeway.
Towed-in and diagnosed as a loose hose at the rear of the turbo. :(
I've got a loaner for a few days and the whole operation (inc towing) had me back on the road in under an hour. Can't complain about that I guess..

I will never anger the Gods again.

Josh.

RAST

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI
Leedogg said:
ROFL!

I have the same problem :D 10,024 miles with no issues whatsoever. I must be doing something wrong :p

TDI 4 RD

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 TDI Pkg 1
rotarykid said:
This is a nice string without all the VW winers . I love my 85 Jetta TD with over 800,000 miles on it . I'm hoping my Passat TDI goes at least that far :D
800K! Congratulations. Although this is the A5 forum, do you have a link to pictures of your car?

Anyone know who has the most miles on any TDI on the TDIclub website?

Joshinthecity

Veteran Member
TDI
Joshinthecity said:
UPDATE:
Great plumes of white smoke and loss of power after a 1 hr stint on the freeway.
Towed-in and diagnosed as a loose hose at the rear of the turbo. :(
I've got a loaner for a few days and the whole operation (inc towing) had me back on the road in under an hour. Can't complain about that I guess..
I will never anger the Gods again.
Josh.
UPDATE 2:
Diagnosed as the turbo shaft broken. First thing like it that VW Aust has seen apparently. New entire turbo unit ordered and should be received and installed tomorrow.
Manufacturing fault is to blame.
j.

cujet

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
QUOTE: This is a nice string without all the VW winers . I love my 85 Jetta TD with over 800,000 miles on it . I'm hoping my Passat TDI goes at least that far

Sorry to whine, but I am not made of money. New car breakdowns annoy me. Can you imagine if the aircraft I work on broke down in flight like my car did?

Anyway, I clearly understand the quality engineering and quality parts that go into a TDI. They can last a long time indeed. Maybe I just have to work out the bugs:)

Chris

tdi06

TDI
06' Jetta tdi 5 spd
Yeah Cujet I can understand where your coming from, I have had a couple of new cars that gave me fits!!!! The Plymouth Voyager I bought in 95" was back at the dealer more than in my garage. And the worst part was if your tried to leave town on a trip it would always break down on the road. I wound up putting a rebuilt tranny in at 40,000 miles (my expense and labor of course!) and it was history after that. It's never fun to be paying on something thats broke. My 06' Jetta has not been back yet (knock on wood!) and except for the passenger door light lens falling off the first week I had it, I am fairly impressed with the car so far. Hope your luck with it improves and mine and everyone elses continues!

Tim Birney

Veteran Member
TDI
05.5 TDI
Leedogg said:

Sell it to a tree hugger in Kalifornya!

cujet

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
I took a good look at the failed parts from my trans. I would say that the quality is superb. It is likely the valve body is repairable. There are a couple of things I saw on it that made me go HMMMM. But all in all, a super nice part.

I would echo Tim's statement, these cars are very high quality in many ways. That is why I purchased it. Too bad mine is driving me crazy.

Chris

dieseldave2006

Veteran Member
TDI
A5 Jetta DSG, 06, sliver
Leedogg said:

huh? The people installing your sterio has phucked up your airbag sensors, so why are you complaining? They should pay for it.

Leedogg

Veteran Member
TDI
dieseldave2006 said:
huh? The people installing your sterio has phucked up your airbag sensors, so why are you complaining? They should pay for it.
haha- notice I was pointing out that the dealer is fixing it for free- even though it was the fools at best buy that caused the damage.;)

My first post was purely humorous- mostly a little poke at the people who have a few little problems and them, and give up. I too, TRUELY, mean no ill will to those that have had real issues(the DSG failures come to mind), but this thread was just a reminder that: very rarely do people post when their cars are operating well....but everyone posts when something goes wrong. Even me. But this thread was just to boast about how much I love my car...even after 6 months of ownership(as of last wednesday:) )!

Oh yeah- first time I've had a thread get a star! sweet!:cool:

Tim- believe it or not- it did cross my mind when I saw what they will pay for one!:eek: You can put 20K on one- and sell it for what you paid...amazing.

Josh- sorry if my thread jinxed you man! hope they get it squared away soon!

MPGeez!- LMAO! See they have us scared that we are going to break down just any minute!:p

LF06VWJTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
06 MkV Jetta TDI
I took delivery of my 06 Jetta TDI in May 06. Two days after, DSG transmission went. I took it back to the dealer, they installed a brand new transmission, and gave me a $2000 check with apologies.
As of today I put well over 13K miles without a single problem (Ok, I had a rattle in the dash vent which I fixed with Velcro bought at a dollar store).
The only two times my baby has been back to the dealer was for its 5K and 10K scheduled maintenance. Totally love my car, VW sure one of their drivers wanted here :)

PS: I'm not a dealer, nor do I work for one :D