Passat turned in, ave atque vale!

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
I now take my leave of this forum, having today sold our first (and who knows, perhaps last…) diesel back to Volkswagen. I should state that it has been a great car, and were it not for Dieselgate, I’m certain we’d go on driving it as long as practical. I have read all the arguments on fix as opposed to buyback, and there was never any doubt in my mind that selling a five year old car with 80K on it back for a few thousand less than we paid was the correct decision— for us.
In deciding on a new car, there were no new diesels that fit our needs the way the Passat did, or they were vehicles so pricey we were not prepared to buy them. So— we bought a 2018 Honda Accord 2.0T Touring, with which we are quite pleased. It gets a solid 33 mpg on our trips, and it looks like high ‘20s in town will be the rule. So, onward and upward.
I want to thank those people on the forum who put our extra effort in helping to increase the knowledge of TDIs, and spread valuable DIY techniques.
And, of course, the forum is an invaluable source of up-to-date news about diesels, and more to the point than -another- forum I could name.
So, hail and farewell! Who knows what the future holds, I may be back one day.