www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas

VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas Discussions area for A5/MkV Jetta/Golf (2005/2006 PD and 2009 CR).

Old August 18th, 2018, 16:22   #1261
Dan C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjclow View Post
The only numbers that have been published were for the 09-12 model years and that was with the NHTSA investigation. I'm going from really fuzzy memory but I want to say that came out to around 3%, which is probably wrong. To get a better number, you'll either have to dig through the long closed original HPFP failure thread or look on the NHTSA site and see if any of the investigation paper work is still available. I've seen nothing since the investigation was closed.
NHTSA claims less than 800 individual concerns/complaints.....

'15 Passat SEL Premium DSG
Dan C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2018, 10:19   #1262
Michael B

Just to update everyone on my situation. VW retested the fuel and surprise, no change in the results of their test. (User error? Anomaly?) And VW, even with my third-party fuel report saying the fuel meets the state standards of diesel fuel quality, denied the warranty claim.

The better news, is that the dealership's service manager is going to fix it under goodwill, and only charge me a 350 dollar "Deductible". This headache is almost over. 78 days later. I can pick up a loaner vehicle today, too. Woo! The dealership has been very good - the service manager even has told us he believes the state test is accurate, and more comprehensive than the VW test. I am very glad the service manager was working hard to help us.

Last edited by Michael B; August 23rd, 2018 at 11:47.
Michael B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2018, 17:46   #1263
mrorganic

Fuel Economy: Not sure but around 40
Default HPFP failure

Year: 2012
Build Date:
Make/Model: Jetta Sportwagen
Tranny: DSG, 6M: 6 Speed manual
Mileage: (actual miles at time of problem or when problem began): 90,000
Diesel Fuel Source: (Shell, Exxon, etc.): Mostly used Union 76 And Conoco.
Additives: (Yes/No): No
Problem: (HPFP failed, fuel canister rusted, etc. Give as much factual data as you can.): At about 90,000 miles my check engine light came on, Tried to fix this myself at just over 91 miles i took it to the dealter, dealer said there metal in the fuel at the N290 Valve, Also found P0401 fault, will require replacement of DPF. DPF is covered under the Warranty extensions.. VW declined the fuel system repair.

Was told this is due to the car not having Fuel Guard Kit in it.

Dealer: (ex. SmokeAndMirrors VW or VW of Fallacy Idaho):: Overturf VW, Kennewick, Washington state. I think the dealer wanted to do the repair but so far VW has declined to cover the warranty that they gave and said that my car had.
Status: (still pending, dealer fixed everything, resolved, dealer refused, paid out of pocket): At this point VW has refused to do this repair. I have an attorney that is working on this.

All of the HPFP failures that i have read about were almost immediate. My car will still start and run but i am not wanting to run it and maybe cause more damage. If i have to have the repairs done my self, i want a CP3 HPFP but have not been able to find one. When the attorney lets me know, i will post the outcome. So I am not happy with VW at this point.
mrorganic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2018, 14:37   #1264
ooopie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrorganic View Post
[B]
All of the HPFP failures that i have read about were almost immediate. My car will still start and run but i am not wanting to run it and maybe cause more damage. If i have to have the repairs done my self, i want a CP3 HPFP but have not been able to find one. When the attorney lets me know, i will post the outcome. So I am not happy with VW at this point.
Did you have the Dieselgate emissions fix done to the car already? If not, can you do the buyback asap while the car is still running?
ooopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2018, 22:32   #1265
Wheels57

Thumbs up HPFP Failure

Year: 2010
Build Date: 2009
Make/Model: Volkswagon Jetta TDI, 2.0 Litre NARCOMFC
Tranny: DSG, 6M Auto six speed.
Mileage: (actual miles at time of problem or when problem began) 159812 km
Diesel Fuel Source: (Shell, Exxon, etc.) Shell
Additives: (Yes/No) No
Problem: (HPFP failed, fuel canister rusted, etc. Give as much factual data as you can.) HPFP Catastrophic Failure. Metal chard spread throughout engine.
Dealer: (ex. SmokeAndMirrors VW or VW of Fallacy Idaho) Royal Volkswagen, Vernon, BC, Canada
Status: (still pending, dealer fixed everything, resolved, dealer refused, paid out of pocket)
NOTE: This was a sudden failure. There was no warning. Car was being driven moderately. (Had cousin on board from overseas on a sightseeing trip).
Original quote was $13,000 CDN, right before we were considering trading it in due to DieselGate. Was told it needed to be functional to receive $5,500 compensation otherwise it would be $3,000. Contacted VW Canada. Conclusion: Reduced to $11,000 CDN. VW Canada footed 90% of the bill and dealership Turner Volkswagen in Kelowna 5%. I paid 5% which was $521.51
Now I get 77,000km or three years warranty but not bumper to bumper. Reason the dealership and VW Canada paid. I had always had the vehicle serviced when due and on time. I looked around for a replacement and quite frankly everything else is sluggish in comparison. Very happy with my TDI. Pity VW have chosen to stop manufacturing them. Electric will not be the same!
Wheels57 is offline   Reply With Quote