My 2012 TDI Touareg

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
Just wanted to share my pictures of my touareg and future plans.
Its a 2012 highline v6 tdi with 108,000kms i just got a couple weeks ago....been waiting 2 jettas to get one and i love this thing.

anyway i will keep this thread up to date and add pictures pretty regular as i like photography and trying new things with the touareg lol.

P_20160220_131947 by mark mcvittie, on Flickr

Last edited:

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
beautiful touareg! Did you sell/trade in your '11 jetta or do you still have it?

beautiful area you live in too, those pictures are awesome.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
thanks ben...i sold the stage 3.5 jetta it wasnt easy i loved that car...even more then my alh.

however i tow far to much, and the road clearing is getting worse and worse in the winter leaving me stuck in the middle of the road a few times a year....plus i want to get a bigger trailer and i now drive less as well.

so touareg has been on my list to own for years and this was my chance to try it so i jumped right in....so far no regrets, amazing build quality, ride is ultra smooth, very good torque and power...the 8spd is silky smooth and responsive....the 4motion omg even with crap tires has blown me away on how smart and fast it reacts and how capable it is. At this point in time i have nothing i dislike, i only wish i could have found a bi xenon light equipped one at the time but beggars cant be choosers.

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
what kind of economy are you getting so far?

the 8 speed is supposed to be much better than the 6 speed

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
honestly i cant tell right now...being winter and i havent had a tank yet i havent towed. Been trying to get as much sledding in before its over....However heading home from buying it the mfd said 36mpg cruise on and that was tank average...my buddy was following in his 13 deleted cr and he was getting 42mpg keeping up.

Over all i think its pretty decent, the deletes are getting done in a week or 2 then we will see as weather warms. I do know it gets better mpg then my car towing this same trailer....and it tows better then my buddies 1500s and far better mpg doing it too.

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
Very cool Savageman!

I'd like to do this to my fathers T2 sometime down the road.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
when its done i can meet you in london some time and you can check it out....im around a lot. Pretty sure it will be worth it without a doubt.

last tank was 905kms...took 80 liters. 100kms was towing a double enclose sled trailer, some off roading and a quick quick drive to kens and back not bad over all on winter fuel. This tank is starting off way better

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
best tank so far....need to get out on a road trip see how it does still tho

LOVE this thing...tows with ease

army surplus fun lol

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Any other plans for mods to the Touareg?
yes sir, turbo will be replaced with a hybrid 2260 shortly. Then hid oem lights, led tails and all bulbs switched as well.

Still playing with the idea of a custom rear exhaust section to remove the suitcase muffler as well...there should be quite a few mods coming slow but steady.

oh on the mpg front, this was 220kms to niagara falls with my little 4x8 steel utility trailer...averaging 110km/120kms per hour

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
finally got some time....full wash, clay bar, quick buff (going to do 3 stage soon)..and wax.

TDIno

TDI
2004 Volkswagen Jetta
great looking Touareg you got there. nice work on keeping it clean. any updates about your custom exhaust plan?

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
So this weekend the new hybrid 2260 was installed....awaiting new updated tune now....all i can say untuned this thing gained so much from the turbo alone its unreal, the pull on the mid and high range is mind blowing...cant wait to see after the new tune is in.

Next up is custom muffler section with dual resonators with vbands to quick change them out for straight pipes when im feelin lively

stock 2056 next to the new hybrid 2260

purduecrew

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat
Very cool! Are you monitoring EGT's and have you had a chance to tow with the new snail?

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Very cool! Are you monitoring EGT's and have you had a chance to tow with the new snail?
Buzzken personally ran logs and the egts are well below any point of issue..but no i am not watching them and i dont feel the need to, they are much lower then my cr170 turbo jetta ran for 4 years with no issues at all....i have towed 2 sea doos, and a single sea doo..not much else yet, but its like nothing is ever there. The power and torque increase is unreal...8spd is having no issues or can i tell any difference from stock operation.

When my dog gets feeling better im going to go out and do some launch videos and stuff and maybe a 0-60 clip....but i know from experience with a little brake/boosting at launch will yield 4 wheel chirp and one nice neck snapping take off lol

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
not many mods right now...new trans settings and really happy with that so much better....as for the tune and turbo it has been flawless and just a total animal for such a big suv. This is one of the best vehicles ive ever been in, mpg, towing power, power, comfort and unreal awd im in love.

Anyway newest mod 31 bfg at k02s and it loves to eat snow now

Last edited:

da.hs

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf, DSG, silver (from new). 2010 Audi Q7 (from 2016), 2004 Touareg V10 (from 2018)
Does this imply a new 2micron kit is imminent? Or another solution?