Are there some people from Alberta on this forum :)

Ackilys

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
‘09 Jetta dsg, ‘11 jetta 6spd, ‘13 passat dsg
yeah living in spruce grove for the time being, just west of edmonton

Petesaguytdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Bhw Passat
Hey everyone, I am also in Spruce Grove like Ackilys

I came upon this thread as I was looking for someone local
that could loan/rent the triangle tamper key for the bosch VE ip pumps.

I have the tools for ALH and PD timing belt jobs, crank yank, etc

My history of work on alh/pd cars is fairly extensive, including replacing pistons,
cams, followers, balance shaft delete,timing belt, clutch/tranny, bearings,
amongst other less technical stuff.

Please pm me if you have the triangle socket or want to arrange using some of my tools.

Last edited:

martiniwg

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta 6M - 2015 Golf 6M
I'm in Edmonton for two weeks only, then Fort McMurray and back to stay in Cold Lake. And sorry I don't have the tool you are looking for, hope you find someone :)

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
Former Albertan! Lived in Camrose, Edmonton and after 25 years had enough of shovelling SNOW, so - moved to LOWER MAINLAND in BC and now just hold on to a rain coat!!!!

Geobmx4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf Malone tuned VNT 17, FMIC
Alberta

Kananaskis here! There's a few of us TDI guys on Eurodrivers.ca too, one of Alberta's best Euro clubs and forums...but for all great TDI info I come here.

doctorkb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
I'm in Edmonton.

So far, I've had good success at Norden VW for my 1.8T.

That said, I live down Ellerslie from Southgate, and I wouldn't trust them any further than I could throw them.

Golden Dub

Dub Life: the only way to live!
TDI
2012 Golf
Wow, moving around a bit? Lol long time no see!!!
oh man, crazy times. Its been a while, few years at least. Disappeared when I got rid of the Jetta. I was so mad. Now I'm back. Bought a new Golf TDI end of 2012 when the world was going to end to outrun the tsunami! LOL just kidding but I did really buy the Golf. Remember the meet!

72GS455

TDI
2003 jetta wagon auto
Hi, I'm in Calgary too. I am looking for someone else around Calgary that might have the alternator pulley removal tool? My Alt crapped out on my 03 ALH / 01m wagon and I need to switch my clutch pulley to a different alternator i picked up. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Geobmx4life

Veteran Member
TDI
Hello

Hi, I'm in Calgary too. I am looking for someone else around Calgary that might have the alternator pulley removal tool? My Alt crapped out on my 03 ALH / 01m wagon and I need to switch my clutch pulley to a different alternator i picked up. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
I sent you a pm!

Rayovac

TDI
2003 Golf, 2003 Jetta Wagon, 2005 Passat Wagon
New TDI owner here in Edmonton! Drove to Calgary to pick up a 2003 5spd Golf TDI with 250,000km. I'm totally new to TDIs and have no baseline as to how these things should drive. I'd love to have another veteran board member take it for a spin to see how it checks out.

doctorkb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
Good work!

I owned a 2001 back in the day, and once chip-tuned, that thing hauled!

Better fuel economy than I'm seeing on our new 2015, too...

Geobmx4life

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI maintenance

New TDI owner here in Edmonton! Drove to Calgary to pick up a 2003 5spd Golf TDI with 250,000km. I'm totally new to TDIs and have no baseline as to how these things should drive. I'd love to have another veteran board member take it for a spin to see how it checks out.
As long as the routine maintenance has been done, it should be OK... Timing belt, etc...also the intake cleaning as its an ALH engine I believe.