Rotella T 5w40 now Rotella T6???

Joester

Vendor
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
oh and im also going to change my gear oil. 2002 5 speed golf. what kind/brand do i need? (i don't have an owners manual, sorry.)

dariod

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI
Joester said:
400 miles from an oil change and i went to Wal-Mart to get some Rotella T 5-40, but they dont carry it anymore.:eek: now its called "rotella T6" is this the same thing? can i still use it in my ALH?:confused:

thanks!

heres a pic http://media.photobucket.com/image/rotella%20t6/donlipa/100_0333.jpg
Yes it us the same thing even suposedly better protection. Do a search man there is even a thread below this one that is talking about it.

dariod

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI
Joester said:
oh and im also going to change my gear oil. 2002 5 speed golf. what kind/brand do i need? (i don't have an owners manual, sorry.)
I believe you need SAE 75W-90 synthetic oil and the brand does not matter

Joester

Vendor
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
thanks. sorry for the unecessary thread. i always see a bunch of the same threads and laugh to myself about how stupid it is. now look whose stupid =/

Joester

Vendor
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
lol thanks, but i may have a transmission issue and i want to see if theres any metal shavings in the fluid. i cant drain any, so i figure its only a few bucks and a little bit of time to just change it all out for fresh.

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
lkchris said:
There's no shortage of WalMart shoppers.
WOW! I cannot beilieve the truth to this...
These shoppers are worried about how many pennies they can save and don't care how many dollars it will cost the in the future, something having to do with our present economy...(but then, this is easy, no?)

Tranny oil needs to be SYNTHETIC, there is a thread about this, it will take your time but you will be better read(pun here is good!).

Follow TDI "guru" advice, experience is always good here(save you money and hassle, get the idea?)

Joester

Vendor
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
a sealed gallon of rotella T is the same at walmart as it is at other more expensive places, right? i dont think ill be sacrificing any more money down the road, unless that comment wasn't directed at me.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Joester

Vendor
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
and i when i picked up the T6 i saw pictures of semi trucks, john deere tractors, and a half ton pickup truck on the back, so i figured it was okay to use in my car =)

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Joester said:
and i when i picked up the T6 i saw pictures of semi trucks, john deere tractors, and a half ton pickup truck on the back, so i figured it was okay to use in my car =)
Rollin rollin rollin :D (that's for DD)
(for background on that, see my CJ-4 thread)

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
Joester said:
well - that depends on what TDI model year you have...