Salvage Title Audi Q7- TDI 3.0 -Emission Update??

FrankenAudi

TDI
01 Audi Quattro Allroad 6Mt.
HI! I am trying to confirm a Salvage Title - 2010 Audi Q7- TDI 3.0- if it is updated are there any stickers or can i tell from the VCDS -Software Tool,, and yes i have called Audi and claims , but want Physical proof,, any idea,, it was a US imported to Canada in 2011? :confused:

Update : I think they put a sticker under the hood ,, but How about the VCDS Tool??

Last edited:

FrankenAudi

TDI
Did you run the VIN through the website?
It said it was included ,, but i don't own it so they only gave limited info ,, but i just got picture of the sticker that it shows completed ,, the only that concerns me is Audi support said that was a warranty on something oil related but wouldn't be specific ,, my other concern is since the insurance sold to used dealer as Salvage Title will my warranty transfer get denied after i get it fix and pass Inspection ?? So many complications

gtmule

TDI
Passat, Jetta, Passat
It said it was included ,, but i don't own it so they only gave limited info ,, but i just got picture of the sticker that it shows completed ,, the only that concerns me is Audi support said that was a warranty on something oil related but wouldn't be specific ,, my other concern is since the insurance sold to used dealer as Salvage Title will my warranty transfer get denied after i get it fix and pass Inspection ?? So many complications
There's no such thing as a warranty transfer. You have an issue, you take it in to a dealer for warranty work. I'll leave it to you to decide whether or not to tell your dealer it has a rebuilt title when you do that.

FrankenAudi

TDI
There's no such thing as a warranty transfer. You have an issue, you take it in to a dealer for warranty work. I'll leave it to you to decide whether or not to tell your dealer it has a rebuilt title when you do that.
Yes there is the extended warranty after the emission update! If you sell you Vehicle ,, the extended warranty is transfered to new owner after the original owner fills the paperwork and sends it VW/Audi.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
If the original owner bought a commercial third party extended warranty with the vehicle and then it was salvage titled due to an accident, I would imagine you would have to read the fine print as to whether it would be covered or not. Probably not. The emissions warranty provided by the settlement goes with the car. But the trans is specifically mentioned as not covered in it.

FrankenAudi

TDI
Yes that's what i meant the emission warranty , but they could deny it even if i show them pictures of the accident damage , not to concerned , i usually fix everything myself. Just don't want anything Major.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
The emissions warranty goes with the car. There should be stickers under the hood showing what was done so far. I don't know about the Canada version so you should find the pdf here and read it. I posted it in a thread not long ago, so that should ease the search a little. Unless you are getting a steal on this car you are just asking for lots of trouble trying to get anything done with this. Way too many variables here to deal with easily.

FrankenAudi

TDI
I already have the picture with dealer code date and and another code it has passed ,and yes you definitely have to do your home work in order to get a good deal ,, add up the cost of parts need ,inspection ,towing vehicle to location , the parts,, & towing,inspection might cost me roughly $1700. Can. And your saving 20-30% of current value ,, I won't buy if i find any thing major,, the only major part is the rear Hatch Door, , i want to make sure no airbags went off.

Last edited: