oil light

Locoelectrician

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Golf SEL Sportwagen, 2005 Jetta TDI, John Deere 355D
It's not burning before the turbo (outside the cylinders). It's burning in the dpf. Along with the trapped soot (carbon).
Ok. So the egt temp is the leftover heat from combustion, raw fuel is mixed with it and the stream cools as it enters the cat. The mixture is then relit when it hits the dpf. Makes more sense now. Thank you.

bobthefarmer

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta Mk 5 192K miles; 2012 Car of the Year, Passat Tdi SE+Nav in blue nightgown, shod in 18 inch heels
I have done two consecutive Oil Samples with BlackStone Labs and my fuel dilution measured less than o.5% on both occasions. The Last report on my 2012 CRKA Passat was with 12,600 miles between changes and it had no additions or loss of oil between changes and viscosity was within tolerance. Of course, just about everyone has some Bio-Diesel in the mix. It is EPA.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
I have done two consecutive Oil Samples with BlackStone Labs and my fuel dilution measured less than o.5% on both occasions. The Last report on my 2012 CRKA Passat was with 12,600 miles between changes and it had no additions or loss of oil between changes and viscosity was within tolerance. Of course, just about everyone has some Bio-Diesel in the mix. It is EPA.
^^^^^^
THIS. This is the way to KNOW -not speculate- what the oil's condition is. And it's highly specific, because it says what the oil's condition is for THAT car, driven in THOSE driving conditions, and in the driving style of THAT driver.
Great post.