411 Quincy Ave
Braintree, MA
(781) 356-0691

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Scrub \'n\' Shine \'n\' Show ; - )

You can just enter "car washes" in MapQuest and the city/state or zip code where you want to search. Problem is it lists everything from A to Z so there are many hits. Then force it to sort against distance versus alpha criteria.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI

the ROJO filling station, mentioned in the "where to fuel" thread, has those 25 cent* spray booths, lots of work area, a semi-automatic car wash and huge vacuums not to mention the best fuel prices in the general area. There is enough room at this plaza to do all sorts of prep work and not get in anyone else's way. ROJO is a Shell station and has a dedicated diesel fueling plaza so you never have to wait in the long lines with the gassers...

You can find Mobil, Gulf Dieselect, Citgo and Sunoco diesel fuel on this road (Rt1 south).

*inflation adjusted to $3.75

I you wanted a nicer, full-service type of car wash, you can continue on beyond ROJO and head south on Rt 1 to Dean St in Norwood. 1 block from that intersection is Dean Street Car Wash...very popular...looks like they do a decent job if you don't want to get your shoes wet.

This area I am mentioning is about 15 mins from the hotel and easy to get to.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI

No, CW, some of our forum brothers asked for guidance on local car washes accessible to 'Fest Ground 0. I think the bugs and brake dust (front and back of the wheel, people!!
) are still pretty bad at this time of the year.

I hope that a few others can add acceptable neighborhood car washes to the initial list.

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI

So are we getting judged now for our washing process too? I sure hope each entry is allowed the same number of quarters and time to wash their TDI (in the interest of fairness to all entries) since it reads like the scrub (wash) portion is now part of the show!
tom's just trying to stir up some trouble, which is interesting since he won't actually BE at the show and shine...

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI

'poet that's simply not true. I'm just trying to figure out which TDi to enter.

NRU73

Veteran Member
TDI
02 GOLF TDI Silver, 5 Speed

Well DD which ever one you bring it sure sounds like it will be ready!!

Don't you hate it when you spend so much time cleaning your car that you end up missing the show? Lookin' forward to it!
Nate