Timing belt replacement question

msaeger

Veteran Member
Besides the engine mount are there any other bolts that need to be replaced (not reused) when changing the timing belt (A4). I had mine changed at german auto works in minneapolis and after hearing about Chris and some other people posting about the mount falling off after the bolts were reused I asked them if they had replaced the bolts for the engine mount. Well they didn't so they are going to replace them with no questions asked and no excuses they even offered me an audi for a loaner. I just want to know if there are any other ones so I can tell them to replace those as well.

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
Injection pump pulley bolts if it's a TDI made before 2001. Those are stretch bolts for sure. They can use the new style bolts (non stretch) on the older TDI's the only change was the part number.

DB

jmur

Veteran Member
vwparts.com has bolts. Sometimes my dealer surprises me with the lowest bolt prices. Any bolts that are torqued to some specified amount and then are turned some additional angle, like a 1/4 turn, should be replaced with new ones particularly if something bad happens were they to fail.