4.199 as of 5/22/11

vwdzi

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 1981 Rabbit Pickup
Just filled up and i found diesel less then gas i was shocked to

CWyler

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
I drove past several stations Friday that had fuel from 3.95 to 4.05. I wanted to fill up at my regular BP station who is usually mid to high in the price range. I starting filling and noticed the price was 3.79. It made me think I was filling with off road diesel but I looked all over the pump and everything said it was for highway use. Maybe they were in a gas war with the station down the road that was 20 cents higher on all grades. I was pleased with the savings.

boutmuet

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 BMW 328d
I haven't posted in a while.. just filled up at the local 76 in Costa Mesa, CA. Same price as regular gasoline.. $4.199 a gallon.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
The Energy Information Agency reported today that gasoline prices fell 11.1 cents in the last week nationally, to $3.849. At the same time diesel prices dropped 6.4 cents per gallon, to $3.997.

AAA agrees with the EIA regarding gasoline prices; according to AAA, gasoline prices fell 11.2 cents to $3.843.

But AAA must used a very different method of collecting diesel prices; it say diesel fell only 6.6 cents to $4.057 per gallon. I think AAA must include a lot of stations which kept their prices high and do not sell a lot of diesel by volume, while EIA has some method that gives greater weight to the high-volume truck stops than the little neighborhood stations.

The website http://www.truckmiles.com/FuelPrices.asp provides fuel price information to truckers. It reported an average price of $4.023 today.

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
3.55? Lucky you. 3.95 here, Jacksonville, NC

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Noticed diesel was up 4 cents this morning at the ARCO on Miramar & I 15 this morning. Now $4.29 a gal.
June HO futures have been stuck in a narrow trading range for the last 2 1/2 weeks. June RBOB gasoline has been far more volatile over the same time frame, climbing steeply, dropping sharply, and ending up about 10 cents lower than were it was 2 1/2 weeks ago.

So any changes you might observe at the pumps are based on local factors.

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Gol TDI, blue and falling apart
Gas prices in Lower Alabama continue their slide. Prices are down 5-10¢ across Baldwin County while diesel remains mostly stationary. The gap between the two fuels is continuing to widen, unfortunately. Most are pricing D2 back with premium or higher. Some holdouts are still pricing it around midgrade, though.

The only station around that still is pricing D2 lower than RUG is the Elberta Farmers Co-Op. Diesel is $3.729 and RUG is $3.759. Don't know why their gas is so much higher than everyone else and why their diesel is so much lower than everyone else, but the place is a gem for diesel drivers and that seems to be the majority of their fueling business.

Wksg

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GLS TDI Wagon
ULSD is still hanging in the $4.09-$4.29 range around here, whereas unleaded has dropped down as low as $3.65 or so. Irritating!

DK

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 TDI Golf 6 speed
Don't know why, but ULSD has gone from $3.99 to $4.11 at the station I used just last week.:(

CT_Gman

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Jetta Sport, 2011 Golf TDI 6MT 2 door - GONE, 2013 Passat DSG SE w/sunroof - GONE
Last edited:

BlueGraphite'10TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI 6Man

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
In NE CT RUG has dropped 6 cents/gal since last week to $4.09 in Dayville, but the big news is Diesel is also $4.09! I checked 3 stations and all had Diesel at the same price as RUG! :D

I also found this: http://www.eia.doe.gov/oog/info/wohdp/diesel.asp

and even more interesting: http://www.eia.gov/pub/oil_gas/petr...oleum_marketing_monthly/current/pdf/enote.pdf
What iritates me about these tax tables is that you rarely see the full tax difference at the pumps from one state to another. I live in NC and am less than a mile from SC. There is a 16.5 cent difference in the state fuel taxes but I have rarely seen more than a 7 - 8 cent difference in the pump price. I guess the SC station owners are making better profit.

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
$4.299 in Blaine, WA last night.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
What iritates me about these tax tables is that you rarely see the full tax difference at the pumps from one state to another. I live in NC and am less than a mile from SC. There is a 16.5 cent difference in the state fuel taxes but I have rarely seen more than a 7 - 8 cent difference in the pump price. I guess the SC station owners are making better profit.
Same story in Blaine, Wa. I would guess.

Blaine is right on the B.C. border, so gets lots of traffic from Canada for cheaper fuel and cheaper booze. Not surprising that the stations on the cheaper side of the border try to keep some of the tax difference. Be it Washington or South Carolina.

When I was in Montreal early this month, I noticed D2 was a dime per liter cheaper once off the island. I filled up in the U.S, prior to my visit to Montreal, then refilled once I got back to the states. I love that 25 gal tank on my B4V (wish my bladder would hold for 1100 miles).

Being in San Diego, I am sometimes tempted to cross the border to TJ for cheaper diesel fuel, but the 2 hour plus wait to get back to California kills all temptation.

Last edited:

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
June futures for RBOB gasoline and for heating oil are both up about 14 cents from Monday's early lows.

RBOB is now about 5-7 cents less than two weeks ago, and HO is about 5-6 cents higher. So the spread is going the wrong way from what we'd like to see.

The EIA inventory numbers shows a slight increase in gasoline stocks and a slight decline in distillate stocks. Both are now less than last year at this time.

ssamalin

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Mercedes E250 Blutec. Previously: 2006 Jetta TDI
Long overdue, the Commodities Futures Trading Commission charged oil speculators with price rigging. Hope they speculate which jail cell they'll rot in too. This and investigations by the US Attorney General and Federal Trade Commission into price rigging by the oil companies and refineries are holding the price of oil back down from unbridled corporate greed. Lets make a rigged cell for the CEOs of the trillion dollar profit oil companies whose profits are up another 40% this quarter from their crimes. Son of Sam law applies, you can't profit from your crimes.

Last edited:

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Long overdue, the Commodities Futures Trading Commission charged oil speculators with price rigging. Hope they speculate which jail cell they'll rot in too. This and investigations by the US Attorney General and Federal Trade Commission into price rigging by the oil companies and refineries are holding the price of oil back down from unbridled corporate greed. Lets make a rigged cell for the CEOs of the trillion dollar profit oil companies whose profits are up another 40% this quarter from their crimes. Son of Sam law applies, you can't profit from your crimes.
It charged two traders, working for a Norwegian company. And based on the reports I read, it is quite possible that they did nothing illegal. That does not mean that they won't be persuaded to plead guilty to something, or pay a fine and not be allowed to work in the industry for a few years.

From the WSJ:
U.S. regulators' lawsuit over alleged manipulation of crude-oil prices in 2008 has shone a spotlight on a shipping tycoon whose risky bets, shrewd investments and buccaneering style have made him Norway's richest man.

John Fredriksen owns the trading companies at the center of a civil action brought this past week by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. The case brings fresh scrutiny to a businessman with the reputation of a maverick, business interests ranging from oil rigs to fish farms, and an estimated net worth of £6.2 billion, or $10.2 billion, that put him at No. 7 in a recent Sunday Times' list of richest U.K. residents.

The CFTC sued two traders and the companies they worked for, Arcadia Energy (Suisse) SA and its Parnon Energy Inc. affiliate, alleging that in 2008 they amassed and sold off a substantial position in physical crude oil to "manipulate future prices." The companies are controlled by Mr. Fredriksen's Farahead Holdings, of Cyprus.

Mr. Fredriksen declined a request for comment. In an interview with the Norwegian newspaper Dagens Nahas he dismissed the charges, saying "It's what happens in an oil market—buying and selling oil. We have done nothing wrong." In a statement, Arcadia said the CFTC's complaint was without merit and that it was confident no laws were broken.
(end of quote)

Those damned Norwegian billionaires, buying and selling oil like it was totally legal.

ssamalin

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Mercedes E250 Blutec. Previously: 2006 Jetta TDI
The speculators charged in the suit by the CFTC are Parnon Energy Inc. of California, Arcadia Petroleum of the United Kingdom, Swiss-based Arcadia Energy, James T. Dyer of Australia and Nicholas J. Wildgoose of California.

Last edited:

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Here is an article on the price fixing probe that the senate wants started. http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/democrat-seeking-price-fixing-probe-oil

Reading down the page, it mentions that the top five oil companies own less than 25% of the total US refineries. The article states that US demand has been decreasing since 2008 mainly due to regulations. The industry has shut down 17 refineries, about 9% of the total, while increasing output by 1.5 billion barrels a day, or about 10%. There is also a comment about what the oil and gas companies pay in taxes and how many people the industry employes.

Sounds like the senate is on a witch hunt that may come back and bite them in their collective asses.