where do i find my radio code

chipper266

TDI
2012 tdi jetta
last week i took delivery of a new 2012 tdi jetta thanks to your site it has made my decision very easy to go the way of the diesel. the only regret i have was the sales experience. i knew what i wanted and this sorry excuse for a VW dealership had what i wanted. so the person that pretended to be a sales person let me drive the car and took my info, and i was driving my new tdi jetta home that evening. he did such a horrible job at delivering the car i had to basically read the manual from cover to cover so i had an idea how to operate the features of my new jetta, and of coarse TDICLUB helped immensely figuring out my new diesel. the only thing i need to know now is my radio code i din't see it on any of my paper work from the dealership or stickers from VW stating "this is your radio code don't lose it , or you will have a brick in your dash" im hoping that the service dept. can find the code out for me or im looking in the wrong place on my paper work for it, any assistance would be appreciated cause i really do not want to return to that dealership for anymore so called VW farfigneuton.

jcrews

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All gone
The radio section in the manual has a spot for the radio code sticker. Sometimes it's put with the main spec sticker that is affixed to the general information section.

You don't need the radio code unless you sell the radio. The radio is locked to the immobilizer and will unlock if the correct key is inserted in the ignition after the radio has been removed. The dealer can always look it up with the radio S/N, VIN, and some proof of ownership free of charge.

TDiSkater

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG Salsa Red
My radio code shows in the notes section of my VW service dept. invoice. I saw it for the first time at my 90 day courtesy service. There was nothing in my manual. I suspect your dealer can find it for you, or call Customer Care. They told me my JSW's finally assembly date when I inquired.

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
And as mentioned, unless you sell the radio to someone, you should never need the radio code really. On all the newer models the radio syncs with the car it came in, even after power interuptions, etc.

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
On some cars, the radio code appears on the sticker in the trunk. Look for a 4 digit number that doesn't have any digit larger than 6. Most of the time, when the radio is left on for 255 minutes, it starts working on it's own. That is the time-out for the code as I understand it. But occasionally, that doesn't work either.

The sure-fire way to get the code, and it's free, is to take the radio and the VIN to the dealer and ask them to look it up. Then WRITE THE CODE ON THE SIDE OF THE RADIO. Do people really want to steal these things???

If the radio is ever sold, the code will have to be there, or the radio has a good chance that it will never work again. VIN + Serial Number + Dealer = Radio Code