MN Chat Thread

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
I think our motors can take the work, but your mileage would suffer with heavier rims, in the acceleration mode, or so I read. Did you go up or down in sizes?

Most plus one or plus two's are wider tires and cause more stiction and aero drag.

MNTDIFAN

TDI
04,Jetta TDI.
I just dropped off the Jetta at the dealership and talked to them about the tires and they agree that there wont be a difference with the tires on the engine. I am getting the 80,000 mile check up. I did take a look at the new TDI (2006) ones and they are not cheap. Still we need a second car...

DeafBug

Gone but Never Forgotten: Requiescat In Pace
TDI
2001 NB
If you let them touch your timing belt, you are a fool. I would assume the dealerhip is Burnsville. They made me bend over a few times. Never will I go for service there again.

MNTDIFAN

TDI
04,Jetta TDI.
yeah they asked if they could replace it and a few other things, i said no to all. where would you recomend to take it? I am not really good with cars at all. thank you for the advice.

DeafBug

TDI
2001 NB
I have done several PD (BEW) engines. I have the special tools for it. But I haven't got the tools for the cam seal or crankshaft seal yet.

In fact, this Saturday I will be doing a 2004 Beetle.

b100koczur

TDI
2001 TDI Jetta 5sp. Green Diamond Tires
For what it's worth, ULSD in Duluth.

This may be off topic, but I did find ULSD (ultra low sulpher diesel) here in Duluth for anyone who is interested. "Best Oil" is the only distributer up here with it. The others are carying LSD (low sulpher diesel) instead untill Murphy starts producing ULSD in a couple of years. The locations are London Rd. car wash, West end Little store, Spirit Valley Little Store, and Spirit Mtn. Little store. Hope this can be of help to someone who needs or wants ULSD.

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
I'm pretty sure the Super America's here in St. Cloud say USLD on them, I'm surprised you had problems finding USLD in Duluth now.

Not that my vehicles need it.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Spotted a navy 03 Jetta on Hwy 65 tonight coming home from work, turned off at Cooper's Corner (I think).

I know this probably should be in the sightings forum, but who looks there?

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Hey guys, I'll be in Cold Spring this June for a family thing (wedding).

Maybe we could have a little BBQ and visit at my in-law's farm? (I'll have to clear it with them, first...)

Farmboy

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf SE TDI 6spd 109k miles; '00 A4 NB 5spd 216k; '96 B4 Passat Sedan 220k
KERMA said:

Maybe we could have a little BBQ and visit at my in-law's farm? (I'll have to clear it with them, first...)
That'd be cool . . .

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
If I'm not cruising out west with the camper, I'll be there...

Now I'm thinking about Kerma nozzle upgrades, oh no, my clutch will never hold.....

I just looked at his web site, thank goodness he doesn't have anything for the Powerstroke.

hamradio

Veteran Member
TDI
IDI.
I think the Conoco in Cold Spring has ULSD. I think I saw something regarding it there (I go there to get offroad diesel for my tractor).

MNmiser

TDI
'01 Jetta
Vag-com near North BRanch

I know there are a few TDI members up by me. Any withVag coms to decde a Check engine light?
CHisago? Taylors Falls or Cambridge? I recall a few.

THanks
Jake

hamradio

Veteran Member
TDI
IDI.
KERMA said:

I'd be up for it, too, as I live a few miles outside of cold spring (if rabbit diesels are alright)

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
miser - i could stop by, i'm most likely driving down from bemidji to my parents in long lake later this next week. (would be leaving early afternoon so would be in that general area evening time)

DeafBug

TDI
2001 NB
Being on the road in the last few weekends and filling up my tank a little more often, I have been seeing more and more ULSD everywhere even in a small town in the middle of nowhere.

Miser, the CEL driving you insane? :) He has contacted me but I am busy with stuff. The Christmas lights are still on the house! :eek:

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
Miser, I've got a scan gauge if you are in St. Cloud, but you might be better off with a Vag Com.

Minnesota Mike

TDI
2002 Jetta 263,000.
Anybody have a Vag-com near Faribault or Lakeville. I have been having problems when accelerating (like freeway onramps) where it hesitates, then the power drops like there is no turbo boost. Then, if I turn the engine off and restart it, it's fine. It happened again this am, and then the engine light came on. Any suggestions??

Last edited:

Farmboy

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf SE TDI 6spd 109k miles; '00 A4 NB 5spd 216k; '96 B4 Passat Sedan 220k
Minnesota Mike said:
Anybody have a Vag-com near Faribault or Lakeville. I have been having problems when accelerating (like freeway onramps) where it hesitates, then the power drops like there is no turbo boost. Then, if I turn the engine off and restart it, it's fine. It happened again this am, and then the engine light came on. Any suggestions??
You can decide if it's close, I live in Shakopee & work in West Bloomington, you're more than welcome to borrow my vag-com cable & notebook.

I have no suggestions for troubleshooting the conditions you have.

somepunk22

Veteran Member
MNTDIFAN said:
I just dropped off the Jetta at the dealership and talked to them about the tires and they agree that there wont be a difference with the tires on the engine. I am getting the 80,000 mile check up. I did take a look at the new TDI (2006) ones and they are not cheap. Still we need a second car...
Mines for sale. Goes in on Monday to get detailed, then I'll be putting up a new post. Probably ask around $8-9k

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=161644

dangoffman at yahoo dot com

Minnesota Mike

TDI
2002 Jetta 263,000.
I'll give that a try. I stopped by Checker tonight and it said the code was turbo/super charger overboost condition. I had Deafbug clean my intake last summer, so that shouldn't be a problem.