Do I have to register to attend?

quipstad

Veteran Member
TDI
99.0 NB
I live nearby and planned on driving down for the day on Saturday. I'm hoping for some help from someone with VCDS, but other than that I'm just hanging out. Do I need to register, or is that just for those racing/showing their TDIs?

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
You must register to attend. The purpose of the fest is to to socialize, but also to raise funds for this web site. Have you noticed there are NO advertisments on this site? I am assisting in helping with this years fest, and there is only a very small portion of money from the fest going to fund the site. Honestly I don't know how it stays afloat on such a small amount of money. Just register, you get a free t-shirt and most likely someone will have a vag-com that will help you out. Most shops charge 75 bucks just to run a scan, so 40 bucks, a t-shirt, making friends and having your car vag comed is a bargin.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
yes, unless its WAY out of whack, then it required a hammer mod...

go ahead and register for fest. help the site out :)

quipstad

Veteran Member
TDI
99.0 NB
absolutely! Thanks Growler. Look forward to seeing you, LilRedTDI, Shenandoah, Bob Fout, and others again at this year's TDIFest :)

Unfortunately, the fiance will (again) not be joining me :(

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Quipstad, we're looking forward to seeing you on Saturday. Maybe once you're there we can convince you to stay longer. ;)

Tell the fiance that there will be plenty of other girlfriends and wives there to hang out with. :cool:

VT_hawkeye

TDI
03 Jetta sedan
So doublechecking: registration alone gets us into the Saturday tech sessions, vendor displays, and the raffle; to get into the brunch speaker sessions, you've got to pay for the food, right?

I'm another quasi-local -- two hours south, though I used to live 5 miles from the site and attended church less than a mile away -- and Saturday night is the beginning of Virginia Tech football season, which Shall Not Be Interfered With ;-) , so I'm only going to be around Saturday morning and maybe part of the afternoon at best. I'm just trying to figure out what I should register for to maximize my 0900-1600 Saturday window before heading home.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Hawkeye, that's correct. You may attend the speaker sessions without buying food if you wish. But I'll tell you... the food is awesome. The Hyatt has treated me to a few samples, and I have been very impressed with everything that they offer. My recommendation is to come hungry and treat yourself to a nice brunch buffet while you enjoy the speaker sessions. :)

FirstOrbit84

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 2-Door Golf TDI
planning on attending my first TDI fest this year after having the car 4 years now.... I'm driving up from FL, and I'm also visiting some friends/sightseeing in DC.

Can anyone tell me which "Extras" are absolutely worth it beyond the basic registration?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
The banquet for sure! The brunch will be good, too if you're going to be around Saturday morning. But definitely don't miss the banquet.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Important Update!

VeeDubTDI said:
Hawkeye, that's correct. You may attend the speaker sessions without buying food if you wish. But I'll tell you... the food is awesome. The Hyatt has treated me to a few samples, and I have been very impressed with everything that they offer. My recommendation is to come hungry and treat yourself to a nice brunch buffet while you enjoy the speaker sessions. :)
I apologize, but this information is inaccurate. We need to restrict the brunch and speaker sessions to people who have registered and paid for it. The hotel is doing our number based on attendance. We will also not have the people available to control who eats and who doesn't, so entry into the ballroom will be based on what you've registered for.

Sorry for the miscommunication. There is still time to add the brunch if you wish to attend. The food is fantastic, and the speaker sessions will be very interesting.

Thanks for your understanding.

The speaker sessions are part of brunch and are part of the brunch package. The tech sessions are after brunch, and are included in your registration fee.