Resale Value

TRENTONN

TDI
None yet
I am currently looking at a Used 2005.5 New Jetta TDI (white) that has Package 1 installed on it with 60,627 miles. Since the car was brought in that same day, the dealership hadn't processed the car yet for the sales floor so there was no selling price available.

I found online a listing for another 2005.5 TDI (black) without the Package 1 that was selling for $16,995 with 45,425 miles on it. I am guessing that the price of the white one should be at least equal if not just a little more for the Package 1 feature. I wouldn't mind going for the black if necessary, but I can't help but be drawn to that sunroof and spoiler.

I had tried KBB.com but with no luck, for this model is not available for the 2005 category.
Would anyone have a guesstimation as to what the resale value could be for this model?

Thanks,
TRENT

Here are pictures of what I am eyeing right now:

Here is the black model(not as spiffy as the white but may be a good alternate):

Last edited:

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
You should go with the one you want, and to h3ll with what everyone else thinks.

A car is worth, on resale, exactly as much as you can get someone else to pay for it. Supposedly, the kelly and nada books are compendiums of what other people have paid for cars, but I think those numbers may be fudged (no reasonable explanation for why the nada book is so much higher than kelly).

Personal taste: I live in Arizona, where a phone call to hell is without long distance charges. I like white. It is at least 20 degrees cooler than any other color. I don't like sunroofs as I get enough wrinkle-causing sun at other times. But that's me.

Like I said, you do what you want - it is the best way to be happy with what you get.

TRENTONN

TDI
None yet
New 2006 Tdi

Good news and Bad news.

Bad news is both the black and white preowned 2005 TDIs were sold on this past Saturday and I found out just this morning.

What REALLY got my blood boiling was the fact that the white TDI had sold for EXACTLY what my guesstimation was: $17000-$18000. I was absolutely ticked at myself for letting that chance slip away, but that's where the good news comes in!

The VW dealer gave me an offer to put me in a NEW 2006 TDI Special Edition model that is white and has a sunroof for a price point that would give me the monthly payment amount I was looking to do with only $2000 down(I am still planning on $5000)!! I will go in the dealership this Wed to talk everything out and will most likely by a VW TDI owner for the first time!!

TRENT