KermaTDI 150 HP Kit for BEWs

mrspindlelegs

TDI
Golf TDI, 2004, Reflex Silver
I've searched the forums and didn't find the answer I was looking for (yet).

I'm nearing the end of installing the KermaTDI 150 HP kit on a 2004 Golf TDI (BEW engine). I'm using the modified BV 39 turbo (Series 7). The kit claims to be "turn key" but I'm finding that it is "close but not quite". The problem is that the flexible hose that goes between the turbo and the pancake pipe does not fit. The fitting on the turbo end did have to be rotated but even after getting tabs set, it looks like there is no way the OEM hose will work (will be kinked/pinched nearly shut and be prone to rubbing against the engine or frame).

Has anybody else run into this? Did you have to fabricate the hose yourself to get this kit to work?

diesel4ever

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000, black
I installed few of those. Yes, it can be a pain. I managed to cut the original hose and find good spot where to connect it. Otherwise, contact Kerma and they will give you pointers how to do it.
Good luck.

mrspindlelegs

TDI
Golf TDI, 2004, Reflex Silver
Here is an update in case anybody reads this thread and wants to know what was wrong; the turbocharger-to-intercooler portion of the S-7 was clocked incorrectly. It was very easy to pull the turbo back off and out the bottom to reclock the turbocharger. All is well now.