SparkyTDI upgrades build started..

SparkyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
hello all,
starting some upgrades on my 02 golf over the next several months we will be completing this build.
list of things:
*added* Recaro Seats (thanks Aarron! from boraparts)
Erojet smic
new intercooler pipes upper lower etc
pd150 intake kit from Ryanp (highly recommend )
Tectonics Tunning Turbo Back Exhaust
R520 Injectors
VNT 17/22 Turbo
Peloquin LSD
Southbend Stage 2 Endurance Clutch Kit w/SMF
6 speed conversion
Custom Tune, thanks to MIKE at TDTunning! you can follow Mike's FB page HERE
brakes and suspension upgrades as Follows:
Audi TT ball joints and wheel bearings
Audi TT Control Arms
Audi TT control arm bushings
MK4 Golf Hubs
Cupra R strut mounts
288x25 VR6/1.8T MK4 brake rotors and Power Stop pads
Audi TT Bilstien HDs
Audi TT Font Sway Bar
Audi TT Front Sway Bar links

I'm doing the intercooler and pipes today before I leave for a while. (deployment, beyond my control)
fankencar will be helping me while I'm gone with the rest,
just want to acknowledge a few people real quick
thanks to frankencar (david) for helping me with all my projects
Ryanp for super fast shipping and great guy
Aaron from bora parts being patient and just great guy all around.
Mike From TDTUNNING ! you're awesome!
Pics Added!
Here is Gallery Of some more Photos that I've had to move from imageshack.us

SLIDE SHOW of ALL PICS!
Here is what went in today:

Last edited:

Frankencar

Veteran Member
TDI
1991 GTI +TDI, Lifted 98 NB TDI, Corrado TDI Swap, 15 Golf TDI, a dozen TDI motors etc...
Don't forget the Techtonics turbo back you installed this weekend!

I think I see a 17/22 and some big nozzles in your future too! Put that stage II Endurance clutch to work. :D

SparkyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
I think I see a 17/22 and some big nozzles in your future too! Put that stage II Endurance clutch to work. :D

oh ya that's already in is Techtonics Turbo back exhaust sounds awesome

SparkyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
anyone know of a fast way to upload pics from my DroidX ? so I can snap and upload and post here faster? the image shack app crashes and doesn't work for some reason now.

SparkyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
Your crystal ball was correct! I ended up ordering it that day haha :D

Phantomofheat

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf Manual, 05 Passat
Ah I have a droid :( oh well unless they have tapatalk for droid which i'll look into thanks for the info!
They do have tapatalk for android just search the market for it tapatalk is a pay version but there is a free version i believe it is the third on the list cant think of the name and i do not have my phone with me right now.

SparkyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
They do have tapatalk for android just search the market for it tapatalk is a pay version but there is a free version i believe it is the third on the list cant think of the name and i do not have my phone with me right now.

cool thanks will look into it...

*update* at the airport flying out left a good turnover with frankencar he is going to press with the build while I'm deployed

and just want to say thanks to mike from TD Tuning to hooking up my ecu.

wish me luck be back in 8 months

SparkyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
build on hold due to moving locations soon, Sorry for the delays ;) but keep and Eye out we aren't done yet, not even close. subscribe if you want so you don't forget and to see how Sparky evolves and ends up. ;) thanks everyone for all the support

This is my first real project/build but with lots of help and guidance from Frankencar

we'll continue to post and update when we resume sorry for the delay but hey "LIFE" happens ;)

SparkyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
still deployed ugh
got some seats from Aaron pics coming soon. Slow process getting things together. No worries it'll look great when we get things rolling
-Kyle
*Merry Chrstmas all!*

SparkyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
**UPDATE** MOST of my stuff will be going in at the GTG this weekend it's going to be awesome!! (See california gtg thread here) more to come, Still deployed Until MAY ugh

Frankencar

Veteran Member
TDI
1991 GTI +TDI, Lifted 98 NB TDI, Corrado TDI Swap, 15 Golf TDI, a dozen TDI motors etc...
**UPDATE** MOST of my stuff will be going in at the GTG this weekend it's going to be awesome!! (See california gtg thread here) more to come, Still deployed Until MAY ugh

Well Kyle, the turbo, clutch, trans, PD150 stuff etc... It's all in! :D Thanks to Justin for doing and insane amount of wrenching!

The heap of parts

New vs Old:

Boraparts 6-speed add-on kit with Peloquin and all new synchros!

The leaky rear main that has been replaced:

The GoPro that captured it all (be patient - more to come):

Justin hard at work:

The golf, looking innocent as ever... :D

SparkyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
awesome thanks for the update! So super sexy and yet again can't thank Justin (oldpoopie), Aaron (BleechBora) from Bora Parts, and Everyone Else enough! Thank you all! Looking like I'll be back 1st week in May *Fingers Crossed*

delo2795

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Shame on you Sparky. Sharing your deployment info on this website. I think its time for you to take your yearly dose of Info Protection...j/ks. Glad your back safe, bet that deployment paid for all your upgrades.

SparkyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
Shame on you Sparky. Sharing your deployment info on this website. I think its time for you to take your yearly dose of Info Protection...j/ks. Glad your back safe, bet that deployment paid for all your upgrades.
Hey it wasn't detailed :p:p
haha I think the word you're looking for is OPSEC, but hey who's keeping track;)
just kidding around...
not back just yet, but looking like soon though so tired of this place already. and yes you're right it did for the most part. I had some saved up there will be more pics and a video coming soon. So stay tuned...(pun intended)

delo2795

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
OOps your right OPSEC. You'd think I would remember something like that after all the deployments I've been in. They kind of drill it to everyone pre and post deployments. Anyways, I'm looking forward to how your build works out. I'm kind of scared of doing anything until I'm out of my warranty.

SparkyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
OOps your right OPSEC. You'd think I would remember something like that after all the deployments I've been in. They kind of drill it to everyone pre and post deployments. Anyways, I'm looking forward to how your build works out. I'm kind of scared of doing anything until I'm out of my warranty.
Ah I see, usually they have to "Prove" that what you did caused said failure of whatever comes up, but I'm sure it's not like that anymore. So ya you're right it's best to wait, plust there will be better stuff out by the time that happens and more "fixes"... How you like your 2012 Jetta?

delo2795

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
I went from a 2010 Evo Lancer to a 2012 Jetta. I am about to leave the military and I needed the cash from the trade plus the MPG savings. Overall, its a great vehicle, with some quirks as trade offs. I think its a great car tho. Two more years until my warranty and I'll start building from there. You're right by then there will probably be better aftermarket mods for it. The only mods I'm considering right now is getting a sunroof installed.

SparkyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
I went from a 2010 Evo Lancer to a 2012 Jetta. I am about to leave the military and I needed the cash from the trade plus the MPG savings. Overall, its a great vehicle, with some quirks as trade offs. I think its a great car tho. Two more years until my warranty and I'll start building from there. You're right by then there will probably be better aftermarket mods for it. The only mods I'm considering right now is getting a sunroof installed.
wait you got it without? shame on you haha ya it's all good, by then I'm sure there will be a lot of cool tips and tricks to do just be patient or maybe browse the other thread that has some of the newer stuff on it and see what people have come up with thus far.