AUdi Q7 V12 TDI

2010vwjetta

TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan (Salsa Red)
Hello, has anyone heard of the Audi Q7 that is sold in Europe with the 6.0L V12 TDI that's based off of the engine in Audi's LeMans Prototype race car? The engine in the Q7 is rated at over 700 ft. lbs. I know that the Q7 was never sold in the U.S. with this engine but has anyone tried to get one imported?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I have seen two in the US... both VW headquarters cars. Awesome machines. :D

Ronvanb

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
I think in Europe it costs over $200,000.
On Youtube they put one against a BMW X5, M version with gas V-8 and the Q7 beats it!

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
Hello, has anyone heard of the Audi Q7 that is sold in Europe with the 6.0L V12 TDI that's based off of the engine in Audi's LeMans Prototype race car? The engine in the Q7 is rated at over 700 ft. lbs. I know that the Q7 was never sold in the U.S. with this engine but has anyone tried to get one imported?
Yup it's was around for a few years, and extremely expensive. Rumor has it the prototypes developed over 1200n/m of torque and the engine had to be dialed back to 1000N/M to save the transmission.

As far as importing one, after the cost of the vehicle and all the certifications it will need you'll probably be in it more than a hundred thousand easy, and that is if it's even possible.

Kevinski4

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
That V12 has absolutely nothing in common with the LeMans race engine. It's two 3.0 V6 TDIs put together. Totally different architecture. Still would be fun to beat on one for a day.

coreyj

TDI
00' Jetta ,ugly but fast
v12 tdi

that would be expensive to repair if the wife put gasoline instead of diesel in it. lol